Learn how to use Google Forms for to create your own custom online forms and send them to others.
Google Forms allows you to create your own custom online forms and send them to others. These forms can include surveys, quizzes, sign-ups, and more. When someone completes the form, the responses will be stored in a Google Sheets spreadsheet for you. In this lesson, you’ll learn about the Google Forms interface, along with the various uses for it.
How to get to Google Forms
Then, you’ll click More > Google Forms.
you open Google Forms, it will look pretty empty, but that’s only because you haven’t created or filled out any forms yet. The interface is easy to use and allows you to create new forms, open recent ones, access a variety of templates, and more.
Things you can do with Google Forms
Google Forms has several uses, both personal and professional. Let’s take a look at several of its applications and possibilities.
- Personal: You can use it to create your own event invitations, gather contact information, and find the best time to meet with various people.
- Work: Smaller businesses can easily use Google Forms to make their own job applications, order forms, feedback forms, and more.
- Education: Teachers can use Google Forms to create quizzes and worksheets for their students to complete.
Creating simple forms
Google Forms allows you to create and edit a variety of forms, either from scratch or by using a template. We’ll go over how to create your own forms, the various types of questions you can use, and how to store and access any responses you receive.
In this lesson, we’ll start with creating a blank form. On the Google Forms homepage, simply click the Blank form button.
From here, you’ll be able to create and edit your form. When you click the untitled question, you’ll notice that a few options appear.
Google Forms offers a variety of questions for you to choose from. The type of question you use will depend on what kind of answers you’re looking to get with your form. Below are a few types:
- Short answer: These allow your recipients to type anything they want as an answer. They’re good to use when you want personal responses for feedback or for written portions of assignments.
- Multiple choice, check boxes, and drop-down lists: These questions allow recipients to select answers from a list. They’re helpful when you want a narrow selection of responses, and they can be useful for quizzes.
- Linear scale: With this type of question, the answers are selected from a number scale. This lets recipients rate things or give feedback on how they felt about something, like an event or course.
- Time or date: Recipients can fill out a time or date. You can use these to schedule events, find availability, and more.
Instead of creating a form from scratch, Google Forms offers plenty of templates for you to use as a starting point. On the Forms homepage, click Template Gallery.
From here, you can select any of the available templates. They’re organized into three sections: Personal, Work, and Education. From here, it’s as simple as filling in the blanks. You can also add or delete questions as you see fit.
Once you’re happy with the form you’ve created, you’ll need to choose how to store the responses you’ll receive. Google Forms offers two methods for storing responses:
- Inside the form: They will simply be logged in the Responses tab of your form.
- Using Google Sheets: Your responses will be stored in a spreadsheet.
By default, your responses will be stored inside the form.
The method you choose will depend on both the type of information you’re collecting and how many recipients you plan on sending the form to.
Before sending your form, you’ll need to decide how to send it out. Google Forms allows you to share your forms via email, direct link, embedding, and social media sites.
After you’ve sent your form, it’s only a matter of time before people start responding. To access these responses, simply open your form and click the Responses tab. Here, you’ll find the results from everyone who’s responded so far, along with several options.
If you have done all the processes above then you have learnt how to create a google form.