PRIMERO Transport Services Limited was launched on the 12th of November, 2015 by His Excellency Mr. Akinwumi ‘Dapo Ambode, the executive Governor of Lagos State at Majidun depot. It’s full operation commenced on 13th November, 2015. Operation commenced on our approved routes with 434 Youtong high capacity buses. Major terminals are located at Ikorodu, Agric and Mile12, BRT lane extension from Ikorodu to Mile12.
Progressively, from the time of commencement of operation, the number of bus roll out has been on the increase and based on customers’ demand. Our main depot at Majidun boasts a state of the art and ultra-modern equipment for the maintenance workshop; Automated washing machine for bus wash; Fuel storage facility; Administrative offices and a mini depot at the Mile-12 terminal. Our services run all day, 7 days a week.
Head of Maintenance
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Nigeria
- Monitor, evaluate, and determine the priority of vehicle maintenance, servicing, and repair projects; review the work of mechanics and other maintenance personnel to assure compliance with established standards, guidelines and procedures; direct off-site maintenance, repair, and recovery functions for roadside vehicle malfunctions.
- Assure adequate personnel, equipment, and material levels to meet maintenance, servicing, and repair needs; coordinate equipment, material and supply purchases as appropriate; directly related inventory functions.
- Direct and participate in the preparation and maintenance of a variety of narrative and statistical reports, records and files related to vehicles, maintenance, repairs, projects, mileage, depreciation, financial activity and assigned duties
- Direct the service, repair, and preventive maintenance of all vehicles; develop, implement, and supervise preventive maintenance programs; periodically review repair work and procedures to ensure accuracy, completeness, and efficiency; recommend vehicles for replacement, prepare specifications, and arranges for auction or disposal as necessary.
- Develop and prepare the annual preliminary budget for vehicle maintenance, repair, operation, servicing, and procurement functions; analyze and review budgetary and financial data; control and authorize expenditures in accordance with established limitations.
- Provide technical information and assistance to the Management regarding automotive needs and issues; assist in the formulation and development of policies, procedures, and programs.
- Fill out necessary paperwork and documentation as required
- Ensure that all parts and supplies are charged out to the proper repair order.
- Ensure conformance with vehicle manufacturer’s service manual and bulletins.
- Ensure vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Ensure proper working conditions and shop and vehicle safety practices are followed
- File warranty claims, warranty logs, etc
- Produce periodic and yearly reports.
BSC/HND In Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical or Electronic Engineering)
Masters in Engineering or an MBA
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS
- Logistics and supply chain management
- Tools management
- Scheduling management
- Quality management
- Safety and health management
- Strategy and financial management
Minimum 20 years Management Experience within transport workshop
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: October 12, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.