APM Terminals is an international container terminal operating company headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands. It is one of the world’s largest port and terminal operators as well as providing cargo support and container Inland Services, and is the largest port and terminal operating company in terms of overall geographic scope operating a Global Terminal Network with interests in 63 operating port and terminal facilities in 39 countries on five continents, with seven new port projects in development, as well as over 160 Inland Services operations providing container transportation, management, maintenance and repair in 48 countries.
APM Terminals was named “International Terminal Operator of the Year” at the Containerisation International Awards in October 2013 for the second consecutive year. APM Terminals was also named the winner of the Lloyd’s List Asia Awards 2013 “Port Operator Award”. In 2012 APM Terminals was also named winner of the “Port Operator of the Year” Award at the Lloyd’s List 2012 Global Awards. 2013 Results The APM Terminals Global Terminal Network handled 36.3 million TEUs in 2013, (weighted by equity share) representing a 3% growth over 2012’s container throughput. APM Terminals earned a profit of USD $770 million on revenue of USD $4.33 billion during the year, with a return on invested capital (ROIC) of 13.5%.
Warehouse & Inventory Manager
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 Years
Job Field Procurement
- We are looking for a natural leader, strong communicator and adaptable individual to join our Apapa team as Warehouse & Inventory Manager. With experience in warehouse management, operations with direct customer handling and deep knowledge of International Transportation with previous experience working with the Nigerian Market.
- This is an exciting career opportunity to work in a multinational, Global 500 company that makes global trade happen. At APM Terminals we go the extra mile to service our customers in the best possible way. We work hard to build and strengthen relationships with customers, making sure we understand their business drivers so we can continuously improve co-operation, processes and outcomes. We provide end-to-end transportation to almost anywhere in the world. And, with 30,000 employees in 114 countries, we combine our global network with local expertise to increase the reliability of your deliveries, whether they travel by sea or over land so if you have what it takes to be successful come and work with us!
Health Safety & Environmental:
- Operate daily safety management system within terminal warehouses.
- Undertake regular safety walks and warehouse inspections.
- Ensure compliance with HSSE policies and procedures, enforcing safe working practices and promoting a safe workplace for all warehouse related operations.
- Contribute to maintaining a strong safety culture within APMT operations.
Performance / Operational:
- Enhance and promote best practice in warehousing operations by ensuring the right knowledge is available throughout the local Warehouse and Inventory teams.
- Monitor local Warehouse and Inventory statistics and KPIs, and drive ongoing improvements to warehouse management, supporting the achievement of operational production/ throughput targets.
- Ensure APMT procurement policies are followed.
- Perform regular on-site warehouse assessments at terminal locations.
- Work collaboratively with the planning team and other terminal staff to ensure that the availability of spares and materials is sustained at all times, to match the overall schedule of maintenance for the terminal.
- Ensure that local warehousing facilities are able to provide the vital link in the supply chain to support the terminal maintenance function.
- Monitor and act on inventory KPIs and exception reports.
- Organize and manage stock control checks in accordance with global warehousing standards.
- Support the implementation of the Warehousing and Inventory management standard.
- Ensure APMT inventory and procurement policies are followed.
- Apply and sustain the Criticality, Preservation and Obsolescence standards for spare part management.
- Provide day to management of the warehouse teams and direct reports.
- Monitor and optimise stock levels and minimum re-order quantities to ensure that critical spares are available on a just-in-time basis, and that costs for depreciation and storage of spares are kept to a minimum.
People / Communications:
- Ensure clear communication with both internal and external clients.
- Build collaborative relationships with associated divisions and external parties.
- Participate and contribute to the APMT network for Warehousing and Inventory management community.
- Ensure compliance with APMT Group values and business principles.
- Implement and fully utilise accurate spare parts costing standards and reports.
- Measure spare parts costs and drive optimization of the local inventory management processes.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to get job/scholarship update on WhatsApp
- 5+ experience in warehouse management and operations with direct customer handling.
- Deep knowledge in International Transportation with previous experience working with Chile’s Market.
- High professional English proficiency.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience using WMS (warehouse management software) software and ability to adapt to systems.
- Strong stake holder management with the ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with internal and external stakeholders in a multicultural environment.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to delegate, inspire and communicate effectively.
- Strong client facing and excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Fast learner person that adapts easily to new systems and likes to work with processes and find spaces for improvement.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively transfer thoughts and expresses ideas orally or verbally in individual or group situations.
- As the leading ocean transportation carrier in the world, we offer you exciting career opportunities with an international reach to further expand your experience through our diversity-focused and award-winning talent development initiatives.
- We have a competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees.We continue to look for new ways to invest in our talent through ongoing personal and professional development initiatives.
- Lastly, as one of the cornerstones of our values, we strive to deliver the right environment for the right people while fostering a culture of fairness, mutual respect, responsibility, and care for our business and our customers.
- At APM Terminals we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.