Airtel Nigeria Limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa. With headquarters in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 5 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. In India, the company’s product offerings include 2G,3G and 4G services, fixed line, high speed broadband through DSL,IPTV, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers.
In the rest of the geographies, it offers 2G, 3G mobile services. Bharti Airtel had over 264 million customers across its operations at the end of July 2012.
Job Type Full Time
Experience 1 – 3 Years
Job Field ICT/Computer
- This is a vital position to support network unit to do planning and providing technical solutions for connecting cell sites and enterprise customer locations.
- This person will interact with the Partners’ teams’ very extensively. Robust, flexible and state of art fiber and microwave transmission network planning & delivery is the essence of the role.
Microwave network Design & Planning:
- Design to microwave access & BB network to meet required link / network reliability criteria.
Fiber network design & planning:
- Plan & design to expand the existing fiber network to build resilience in the network.
- Last mile solution design for enterprise customers
Redundancy & protection design-:
- Design network redundancy & reliability better than 99.999%.
- Sound knowledge of local regulatory requirements regarding frequency spectrum use.
- 1- 3 years relevant experience in planning of transmission networks domain
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree
- Proven hands-on network engineering experience
- CCNA, or higher (CCNP, CCIE /or CISSP highly valued)
- Good understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Good understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Must have good knowledge of transmission technologies like microwave, Fiber networks, DWDM, SPDH/SDH, ASON, VSAT, MPLS, Data communications, etc.
- Sound knowledge of Transmission of Mobile & Enterprise Network – Planning
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytical tools
- Proficiency in tools like google earth, MapInfo, pathloss4/5 and excel
- Analytical and Presentation skills