EGBIN POWER PLC, Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Black Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs. Before the construction of the Egbin Power Plc, Lagos, the Ijora Power Station which is reputed as the oldest power generating plant in the country was the main source of electricity supply around.
Training & Development Officer
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 Years
Job Unit Human Resources
- To assist in the design & delivery, assessment, monitoring and evaluation of staff’s learning and developmental needs.
- Responsible for coordinating the delivery of all in-house training and keep up-to-date on all legislation impacting the company’s training obligations, responding to training issues and questions from staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the delivery of in-house training and development programmes
- Review and evaluate training and apprenticeship programs for compliance with government standards
- Plan and assess the ‘return on investment’ of any training or development programme
- Monitoring and tracking training attendance at both in-house training and at external locations
- Provide accurate administration and record keeping for all training programmes
- Responsible for I.T.F renditions and reimbursement; act as the operational interface between I.T.F and the finance team
- Analyse staff training needs, you will take into account their functional area, developmental need and competency framework and respond to their training request in a timely manner
- Liaise with the Team Leads, HOD and Technical L&D to build training plans and advise team heads on the most suitable training approaches
- Maintain the training scheduling system and training spreadsheet annually.
- Collating data and reporting on attendance, feedback and training cost to ensure data is accurate and updated, to ensure management make strategic business decisions
- Ensure that all statutory training requirements are met.
- Development and delivery of effective induction programmes for IT students and National Youth Service Corps members.
- Plan and assess the ROI of any training or development programme
- Create a training budget and keep operations within budget
- Review training materials from a variety of vendors and select materials with appropriate content
- First degree or its equivalent in Humanities or Social Sciences related discipline.
- Professional qualification in HR Management is an added advantage
- Minimum of two years post N.Y.S.C relevant experience in a training environment
- Must be knowledgeable about the workings of I.T.F
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrate the ability to self-motivate and work independently.
- Possess a can-do attitude, able to find creative solutions to training challenges.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple deliverable and training request.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, with experience in other business systems.
- Experience in training administration or customer facing position adopting a customer first approach in meeting staff training expectations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, you can articulate clearly what is expected or required of trainers and partners.
- Highly accurate with good attention to detail, you respond to staff in a professional manner.
- Logical and structured approach required to manage a busy training inbox, filing, responding and tracking partner training requests.
- Excellent time management.
- Enthusiastic and embrace change.
- Must be assertive and approachable.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.