SELFA Nigeria Limited was incorporated in 1980 and since then we have grown to provide a full range of technical services in the field of metrology and electrical engineering. We provide solutions, services and equipment for automation, instrumentation and calibration systems used by various industries including aviation, oil and gas, petrochemical, power generation, steel industries, cement, manufacturing and food and beverage.
SELFA Nigeria Limited is able to select from a wide range of available automation, control, instrumentation and hardware and software equipment to achieve optimum process solution whilst matching customer requirements. We provide consulting services in the design of processes which require regular monitoring and calibration. We offer training in the field of metrology, calibration and quality management.
Trainee - Calibration Technician
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Engeineering
Technician trainees will be expected to perform the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Trainees will work with other technicians within the lab to learn calibration fundamentals which can include measurement, temperature, electronics, etc.
- Learn fundamental calibration techniques and processes
- Develop skills necessary to perform calibrations independently
- Develop skills necessary to advance to calibration technician I position within one year which includes proficiency in at least one discipline
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or Process) or Physics
- Experience (Industrial Attachment) in a manufacturing or production environment will be an added advantage
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- To be considered for a technician trainee position, the following knowledge, skills and abilities are preferred:
- Ability to learn new skills in regards to calibration and calibration processes
- Previous experience with electronic or machining training
- Basic mathematical skills including algebra, geometry and statistics
- Familiarity with basic tools
- Proficiency with office computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Basic organizational and time management skills
- These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an
- employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle tools and equipment
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.