Interra Networks Limited (Interra) – is a leading provider of Information & Communications Technology (ICT) solutions for the private and public sector. We develop, deploy and manage ICT products and services with a focus on the emerging markets of the world – from as simple as a website to as complex as a secure IP-Voice Network, we can help turn your business needs into a working solution. We bring our years of experience to bear in developing innovative solutions and partnering with our clients to ensure they derive maximum value from their technology projects. We provide technology and consulting services built on a strong technical competence and knowledge of the challenges faced by our clients. We recognize that most organizations simply require solutions and not necessarily “hardware and software”; as such we work hand-in-hand with our clients till they are successful. Our presence helps ensure our clients’ project succeeds as our services continue long after the project is completed and deployed. Our services are also available to foreign organizations interested in competitively priced, world class BPO services.
Technical Support Staff
- Actively monitor the health of all servers, i.e HDD space, Raid Health, Event logs, dirty Shutdowns etc.
- Develop technical documentation, proposal, BOQ and presentation.
- Engage clients in infrastructure inspections and develop network design inspection if the need arises.
- Ensure the data Center is neat, tidy and cable management is top notch. Also ensure the Data Centre is secure at all times.
- Weekly backup of all critical servers, testing recover plan. Design failover, recovery for all critical servers.
- Submit weekly Report on data center activities.
- Make sure the ECC is up at all times with no network issues.
- Actively know about devices, (Switches and routers) enough to redesign the network.
- Liaise with ISP vendors, to resolve issues when they come up.
- Actively Monitor firewall application and note when abuse is in place.
- Providing second level technical support for internal and external client’s emphasis on Network infrastructure/Security Appliance and services Appliance and service which includes: Microsoft Widows Server Services, Firewall, UTMs, Antivirus, IP surveillance solution, Elastix IP PBX “iNterra Intercom”, Emergency Call Taker, Asterisks, etc.
- Perform other tasks that will be assigned by the supervisor.
- Basic networking skills.
- Basic Desktop application.
- Project management skill.
- Knowledgeable in software development life cycles/methodologies.
- Must be able to work flexible hours on-site and remote.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and possess good organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skill.
- A+, N+, desktop publication would be an added advantage.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.