ARM Life formerly CrystaLife Assurance Plc. is the insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non-bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management. Established in 1994, ARM started operations as a traditional asset management company specialising in the management of quoted equities and fixed income securities. However, over the years, the Firm has taken advantage of opportunities in various sectors of the Nigerian economy and has proven its ability to identify and develop new strategic businesses and integrate these to strengthen its asset management business model.
This ability has resulted in the evolution of the Firm into a diversified financial services institution with businesses divided into two distinct parts within which various products and bespoke asset management services are offered to our diverse clients, focusing on Traditional Asset Management and Specialised Funds. ARM currently manages total assets of over N500bn. ARM Life has a strong track record in the group life insurance sector with favourable references across the industry. It is licensed and regulated by the National Insurance Commission of Nigeria (NAICOM) to underwrite Life, Annuity and Health insurance.
Team Lead, Financial Advisory
- The Position Holder is responsible for supporting leading deal origination, and delivery of financial advisory services to clientele on various complex assignments relating to mergers & acquisitions, debt restructuring & refinancing, management buy-outs / buy-ins, bond issuance, initial public offers & share re-issuance etc.
- Business Strategy Support the Head, Financial Advisory in defining and implementing the company’s business strategy in line with conditions in its operating environment and helping to drive the implementation of strategic initiatives that sustain / improve the company’s competitive advantage within its operating environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Relationship Building Support management of ‘high value’ relationships at a strategic level to identify and build relationships with partners and stakeholders to support long term business development.
- Deal Origination Support the origination of new deals / transactions by proactively working with Head, Financial Advisory to establish the company’s credibility as an investment partner, aggressively pitching prospective clients to generate leads, and managing relationships with intermediaries.
- Transaction Strategy Support in overall strategy of a transaction, including negotiations, client interaction, and management of documentation.
- Deal Execution Support with thorough due diligence, evaluation of financial, tax, and legal risks; understanding true cost of compliance, assessing fair market value of assets and liabilities; and determining feasibility of business plan given projections, and available resources.
- Debt Restructuring Actively support clients in improving business cash-flow, and avoid financial distress, by interfacing with financial institutions to negotiate the restructuring and / or refinancing of clients’ debt obligations, so as to allow them continue business operations.
- Financial Modelling Support with preparation of abstract models representing (possible) real-world financial models to support decision-making by key stakeholders on business valuations, scenario planning, capital budgeting, financial statement analysis, and project finance.
- Client Advisory Support Head, Financial Advisory in providing independent opinion on complex financial transactions and scenarios, such as mergers & acquisitions, debt restructuring & refinancing, management buy-outs / buy-ins, bond issuance, initial public offers & share re-issuance etc.
- Research Oversee the preparation of extensive valuation and pricing analyses to support firm’s financial advisory activities.
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years of cognate experience spanning corporate finance and / or capital market operations
- Bachelor degree from accredited university.
- MBA or other advanced degree in finance.
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. Institute of Chartered Account of Nigeria, ICAN) Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.