Swift Networks Limited is an Indigenous Internet Service Provider Company with outlets spread all over Lagos State. Our core services are the provision of high speed internet services, telephony and IP – VPN services to both residential and enterprise subscribers.
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 Years
Job Unit ICT/Computer
- Planning, designing and implementation of a corporate hardware and software IT infrastructure: LAN Networking, Physical and Virtual Servers, SAN Storage and connectivity, Laptops and Desktops, Enterprise Applications.
- Responsible for the core infrastructure: VMware ESXi, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, SQL Databases, Email, Antivirus, Backup and Restoration, VoIP, Cloud integration.
- Experienced in Backup and restoration using Veeam Backup solution.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux Operating systems: Ubuntu, CentOS, Debian etc.
- Be proactive in enterprise information security for all IT infrastructure.
- Proactively monitoring and planning to maintain an excellent uptime as defined by the business on all IT infrastructure. Resolve technical problems quickly with the least impact to the smooth running of the business.
- Performing root cause analysis on issues and providing recommendations on permanent fixes to prevent re-occurrence.
- Ensure effective change control is implemented for all changes and updates. Accessing and documenting any risks and impacts to the business and escalating to management accordingly.
- Managing an excellent business relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide after-hours and weekend supports when required.
- All other assignments requested by management.
- The job holder must have a Bachelor’s Degree 2nd Class Honors (Upper division) in Computer Science or any other Engineering related field. A minimum of 2 years’ post qualification experience on a similar job function. Telecoms experience will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.