PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) helps organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Find out more by visiting us at www.pwc.com. In Africa we’re the largest provider of professional services with close to 450 partners and over 8,500 people in 32 countries. This means that we’re able to provide our clients with seamless and consistent service, wherever they’re located on the continent. Our in-depth knowledge and understanding of African operating environments enables us to put ourselves in our clients’ shoes to offer tailored Tax, Assurance and Advisory solutions for every business challenge. Realising the appeal of the continent as an investment destination, our dedicated Africa Desk provides assistance to organisations looking to expand their presence in Africa.
Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 Years
Job Field ICT/Computer
- Deliver a professional and consistent level of service that provides resolutions within agreed deadlines;
- Assist with Support documentation review and revision;
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key staff and managers in the business and in other teams within IT;
- Work collaboratively with Service desk and support teams;
- Undertake service analysis, proactive service monitoring or project activities as assigned;
- Identify repeat incidents and contribute to provision of comprehensive Known Error Records and solutions articles as support tools for other support staff;
- Ensure that assigned IT service incidents are managed effectively and root-cause problem analysis is undertaken where appropriate to reduce the number and severity of future operational incidents;
- Available as per the afterhours support schedule;
- Acting as a point of escalation for support queries from more junior Technicians which are beyond their technical capability;
- Identify and take part in initiatives to improve the quality and effectiveness of the department.
- Identify where knowledge can be shared with other IT Services staff to improve the effectiveness of IT Services and help develop the knowledge and skills of others in the IT Services team.
- Support the team on the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Work with the team on desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Support centralized print management system.
- Monthly server patching, reporting, prompt remediation for identified vulnerabilities.
- Knowledgeable on Azure cloud infrastructure.
- B.Sc. or HND in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field with at least a Second Class Upper/Upper Credit.
- Minimum of 3 years of system administration experience
- System administration and IT certifications in Microsoft and ITIL
- Working knowledge of virtualization, Azure cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- Experience with Microsoft Server 2012R2, 2016, Windows 10
- Helpdesk support, experience in the use of ticketing system (e.g ServiceNow) and Customer management.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proven ability in supporting IT end-users;
- Clear, courteous telephone manner;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Self-motivated and a team player;
- Proactive and resilient;
- Ability to handle work-related pressure;
- Ability to prioritize tasks with different levels of impact and urgency;
- Support customers on all levels via email, phone and Instant Messaging;
- Strong technical knowledge and good analytical skills;
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently;
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve requests received;
- Detail-oriented and able to effectively and accurately document technical issues and request.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.