PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) helps organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Find out more by visiting us at www.pwc.com. In Africa we’re the largest provider of professional services with close to 450 partners and over 8,500 people in 32 countries. This means that we’re able to provide our clients with seamless and consistent service, wherever they’re located on the continent. Our in-depth knowledge and understanding of African operating environments enables us to put ourselves in our clients’ shoes to offer tailored Tax, Assurance and Advisory solutions for every business challenge. Realising the appeal of the continent as an investment destination, our dedicated Africa Desk provides assistance to organisations looking to expand their presence in Africa. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in Nigeria with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 700 staff and 22 resident partners.
Sustainability Social Specialist - Associate GRC
To be part of a team that performs:
- Strategic sustainability advisory projects, with a focus on social risk, return, impact and performance; linked to aspects including stakeholder engagement, community sustainable livelihoods, well-being and gender
- Internal audits in relation to strategic sustainability subject matter (control design and effectiveness)
- Social due diligence review as part of a broader due diligence project
- Support broader Sustainability and Climate Change team with guidance/suggestions on projects in relation to social specialist subject matter.
- Ensuring proper planning and documentation of fieldwork.
- Assist in preparing draft reports
- Identifying weaknesses in procedures, systems and controls.
- Review the effectiveness of social policies and programmes, including the monitoring and evaluation of the programmes.
- Assist in developing strategies, frameworks and responses to social issues and how these connect with sustainability in general.
- Conducting return on social investment and social impact assessments.
- Providing advice on stakeholder engagement approaches and results.
- Assessing and analysing information obtained and interpreting findings.
- Delivering value added services to clients.
- Presenting on internal training.
- Being part of internal teams to evolve and develop this specialist area.
- Bachelor’s Degree qualified
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant working experience in aspects of social risk, impact, return and Performance
- Exposure to broader sustainable development strategy and performance within the private sector would be an advantage
- Competencies / Attributes
- Knowledge of Social impact assessment
- Return on Social Investment
- Knowledge of Corporate social investment programme and monitoring
- Knowledge of stakeholder engagement techniques
- Deep knowledge of social risks and strategic responses
- Broad knowledge of sustainable development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Passionate about customer service
- Ability to acquire and apply commercial and technical expertise.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.