Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations working in approximately 94 countries worldwide to find solutions to poverty and what it considers injustice around the world. In all Oxfam’s actions, the ultimate goal is to enable people to exercise their rights and manage their own lives. Oxfam works directly with communities and seeks to influence the powerful, to ensure that poor people can improve their lives and livelihoods and have a say in decisions that affect them. Each organization (affiliate) works together internationally to achieve a greater impact through collective efforts. With a population of over 160 million people, Nigeria is endowed with huge human and natural resources.
However, in 2010, 52 percent of the population lived in rural areas and 64 percent of the population on less than US$ 1 per day. Oxfam’s work in Nigeria focuses primarily on improving livelihoods, women’s rights, and good governance. Our work in Nigeria focuses on: Economic justice and improving livelihoods. Gender justice and female leadership. Good governance and the Niger Delta. Disaster risk reduction and responding to humanitarian crises. Central to our work is the belief that power relations need to change to enable poor people to demand and claim their rights.
Supply & Logistics Volunteer
Job Type Full Time
Experience 1 Year
Job Field Logistics
- To promote agriculture-driven economic growth and improve the living conditions for 10,000 rural farmer households (60% women) with a specific focus on women and youth.
- To provide effective and efficient administrative and related services to help smooth program delivery, ensure that Oxfam meets its business objectives, and mainstreams its core organisational values.
- Supports the Project Management Unit (PMU) to carry out administrative tasks during the implementation of the project in accordance with guidelines and agreed standards.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with Oxfam’s procurement procedures and policies.
- Supports Logistics Officer in the management of suppliers and updating of the database.
- Provide day to day update on procurement related issues.
- Coordination and Management of diesel supply and reporting of minimum stock for replenishment.
- Provide support on the Management of Project vehicles.
- Management of Stationaries store and provide stock level for replenishment.
- Follow up and update asset database on regular basis.
- To support logistics in sharing RFQ to potential service providers.
- Updating of Logistics procurement tracker.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Carry out other Logistics responsibilities as delegated.
- Coordinating travel Staff; booking flights, hotels, etc.- when required.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Line manager.
- Minimum of B.Sc. Degree or Higher National Diploma in Business Administration, Finance, or any other Social Sciences.
- At least 1-year relevant experience in managing logistics and demonstrable experience in designing, implementing, and coordinating logistics for large donor-funded projects.
- High-level skills of Micro Office Packages.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and one of the main local languages widely spoken in northern Nigeria.
- Good organising and documentation skills.
- Able to work well in a diverse team.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Decisiveness: We are comfortable to make transparent decisions and to adapt decision making modes to the context and needs.
- Influencing: We have the ability to engage with diverse stakeholders in a way that leads to increased impact for the organization We spot opportunities to influence effectively and where there are no opportunities we have the ability to create them in a respectful and impactful manner.
- Humility: We put ‘we’ before ‘me’ and place an emphasis on the power of the collective, nurture the team, and play to the strengths of each individual. We are not concerned with hierarchical power, and we engage with, trust, and value the knowledge and expertise of others across all levels of the organization.
- Relationship Building: We understand the importance of building a relationship, within and outside the organization. We have the ability to engage with traditional and non-traditional stakeholders in ways that lead to increased impact for the organization.
- Listening: We are good listeners who can see where deeper levels of thoughts and tacit assumptions differ. Our messages to others are clear and consider different preferences.
- Mutual Accountability: We can explain our decisions and how we have taken them based on our organizational values. We are ready to be held to account for what we do and how we behave, as we are also holding others to account in a consistent manner.
- Agility, Complexity, and Ambiguity: We scan the environment, anticipate changes, are comfortable with a lack of clarity, and deal with a large number of elements interacting in diverse and unpredictable ways.
- Systems Thinking: We view problems as parts of an overall system and in their relation to the whole system, rather than reacting to a specific part, outcome, or event in isolation. We focus on cyclical rather than linear cause and effect. By consistently practicing systems thinking we are aware of and manage well-unintended consequences of organizational decisions and actions.
- Strategic Thinking and Judgment: We use judgment, weighing risk against the imperative to act. We make decisions consistent with organizational strategies and values.
- Vision Setting: We have the ability to identify and lead visionary initiatives that are beneficial for our organization and we set high-level direction through a visioning process that engages the organization and diverse external stakeholders.
- Self-Awareness: We are able to develop a high degree of self-awareness around our own strengths and weaknesses and our impact on others. Our self-awareness enables us to moderate and self-regulate our behaviors to control and channel our impulses for good purposes.
- Enabling: We all work to effectively empower and enable others to deliver the organization’s goals through creating conditions of success. We passionately invest in others by developing their careers, not only their skills for the job. We provide freedom; demonstrate belief and trust provide appropriate support.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: December 11, 2020
Method of Application
- We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization. Therefore, people of all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, races, colors, religions, cultures, abilities, etc. are eligible for this position.
- Oxfam aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment.
- Receipt of applications will close Friday 11th December 2020. Due to the urgency of this vacancy, applications will be reviewed as received and the vacancy could be closed earlier than the date indicated.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply