British American Tobacco plc (informally BAT) is a British multinational tobacco company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is one of the world’s five largest tobacco companies. BAT has a market-leading position in over 50 countries and operations in around 180 countries. Its four largest-selling brands are Dunhill, Lucky Strike, Kent and Pall Mall, with others including Kool, Benson & Hedges and Rothmans. BAT has a primary listing on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. As at 6 July 2012 it had a market capitalisation of £65.6 billion, the sixth-largest of any company listed on the London Stock Exchange. It has a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
Supply Chain Security Manager
Job Type Full Time
Experience 4 Years
Job Unit Procurement
- British American Tobacco is looking to hire a Supply Chain Security Manager to join our team in Ibadan, Nigeria
- The purpose of the role is to advice, coordinate and implement action plans on a range of security issues with respect to WAA (West Africa Area) Primary and Secondary Supply Chain Security, Ports Operations, Security of Logistics Routes and Warehouse Operations.
- Identify all risks to supply chain operations conducting periodical assessments
- Review and update SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedure) for all supply chain processes
- Manage the daily operations on all aspects of supply chain and ensure the generation and signing of the “Factory Daily Energy report” for diesel consumption
- Manage the quality implementation of all security controls on finished goods distribution on both local and exports distributions
- Ensure an accurate database of all contractors working with the finished goods store is kept
- Engage with supply chain team to carry out annual due diligence check on such workers to guide management in securing company finished goods
- Coordinate supervisors to ensure that all security procedures for the protection of:
- Company personnel/families/visitors.
- Tobacco in respect of their, storage and dispatch.
- Company assets, information, property and business operations activities
- Ensure the compilation and maintenance of monthly statistical trends for key activities in supply chain to the operations security manage and operations managers responsible
- Ensure compliance of Haulage companies and their personnel to BAT access control and Information Security procedures
- Carry out all forms of periodic checks on dispatch procedures, export escort procedures etc.
- Drive the yearly export route security assessment and report to operations security manager when carried out
- Maintain an accurate risk assessment report on all internal and external finished goods store
- Monitor the flow of finished goods shipment request and ensure that appropriate security according to BAT standards and matrix are deployed at each time
- Task, develop and train security personnel under his responsibility to implement supply chain security SOP’s
- Carry out regular security compliance visits to various Lagos Ports to ensure that recommended security procedures are adhered to by stakeholders involved in BAT ports operations
- Ensuring that BAT appointed-service provider (Haulage) comply with the company’s Security and EHS best practices with respect to haulage of BAT products while in transit
- Ensure that supply chain operations documents in the security shared folder are duly organized
- Liaise with head of function and supply chain personnel with respect to security concerns as it affects ports, logistics and warehouse operations
- Liaise with other members of staff within BAT to ensure effective coordination on and successful implementation of relevant cross-functional projects, for the common good of the company
- Liaise with authorities of the Port Divisional Police Command on security issues relating to intelligence gathering, security investigations etc.
- Liaise with authorities of the terminal control unit of the Customs/NDLEA/NAFDAC at the various ports
- Liaise with appropriate individuals and managers of security for BAT appointed shipping and haulage service-providers
- Delivering a timely, sequential and detailed record of all incidents during any period of duty
- Ability to coordinate the activities of escort teams to achieve an efficient service delivery in line with all escort guidelines
- Manage Factory and operations security in the absence of the operations security manager
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Supply Chain or related area
- At least 4 years of professional experience in supply chain, preferably in an FMCG company
- Professional experience in security field, including digital security
- Leadership experience would be a plus
- Proficiency in a local language (Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo) would be an added advantage
- Ability to make swift, balanced decisions in emergencies when rapid response is required
- Flexibility to work in Ibadan and Lagos, including Lagos Port
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.