Zola Electric was founded in 2012 with a mission to make clean, reliable, affordable energy available to all. More than one billion people worldwide have no access to electricity – a number larger than when Edison powered his first light bulb. Another billion people cannot rely on their electrical supply, with voltage spikes and long power outages disrupting their businesses and lives. ZOLA builds beautiful, reliable solar and storage power systems specifically designed to work where there is no access to grid electricity and with unreliable grids.Â These systems enable our customers to generate, store and manage their own 24-hour power supply, letting them become independent of unreliable power grids and dirty backup generators. ZOLA’s systems are modular and scalable, allowing customers to solve any power problem, anywhere.
Supply Chain Manager
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 Years
Job Field Procurement
- The ideal candidate is responsible for developing and implementing a supply strategy that delivers the lowest total cost, reduces inventory, and maximizes customer satisfaction through world class service.
- He/She is an overall custodian of all inventory in the country, from when it lands in the port to when it is installed at the customer’s house.
- He/she is responsible for the proper operation of all clearing, warehousing, shipping, and distribution activities. Additionally, the Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the procurement practices of the company, including proper adherence to policy.
- This role offers an excellent opportunity to self challenge, drive results with excellence and innovate within the confines of a fast-growing start-up organization. Zola Electric provides the Supply Chain Manager with initial training at country headquarters and unlimited career growth opportunities through training, support and coaching.
- Participate in strategic meetings to contribute to the development of the annual Country and Operations Strategy and Business Plan
- Source and generate new ideas to input into the Strategy and provide for strategic adjustments
- Develop implementation plan of Operations Strategy in collaboration with the team and monitor implementation therein
Warehouse / Inventory Management and Continuous Improvement:
- Responsible for accurate inventory reporting in the whole country, including reduction of loss, damage and/or theft of inventory in forward and reverse logistics
- Oversee inventory management to ensure optimised inventory levels and safekeeping of stock, lean stock keeping in risk areas out of national warehouse
- Oversee high quality kitting of products
- Prepare all inventory at warehouse for shipment
- Monitor the provision of warehouse services provided by contractors and attend to escalations of deviations to service level agreements to ensure safe and effective stock transfers
- Coordinate with the Group Director of Logistics to ensure that stock is ordered and delivered in time to avoid stock outs of any critical parts
- Continuous Improvement
- Implement continuous improvement programs team to optimize repair quality, service levels and warranty cost
- Implement formal root cause and corrective action programs when quality issues arise in warehouse and in last mile
- Provide support to line management in the optimisation of logistics and distribution to improve costs and process efficiencies
- Coordinate / oversee distribution partners to ensure that product is distributed in a timely and cost efficient manner, satisfying customer needs
- Monitor the provision of logistics services provided by contractors and attend to escalations of deviations to service level agreements to ensure safe and effective stock transfers
- Provide input to evaluation and selection of new logistics providers including distributors, transportation route planning for last mile logistics
- Work with other teams to find new logistics solutions that fit the business needs, satisfying the customer at the least expense to the business.
Clearance / Shipment Management:
- Oversee clearing, importation and duty/tax management; closely manage any changes on tax/duty and escalate any changes
- Liaise with clearing agents to
- Ensure the timely clearance of imported goods from all ports
- Quote shipments outbound from Nigeria
- Ship inventory from Nigeria
- Work with the Group Supply Chain Logistics Officer to collect all documentation needed for import
- Where necessary, prepare packing lists for shipments leaving Nigeria
- Develop and maintain a Procurement Policy for use in-country
- Develop the monthly Procurement Plan in consultation with the Procurement Manager for submission and approval by the Country MD
- Monitor the implementation of the Procurement Plan ensuring that deviations are identified, and interventions determined in consultation with the relevant Department Heads
- Contribute to business improvement via strategic procurement.
- Lead negotiations of contract terms and conditions with service providers and monitor the performance of service providers
- Source any major items needed for the business, including supplier identification, quote / bid gathering, supplier evaluation, and supplier selection
- Where directed by policy, perform bids or requests for proposal for services, ensuring proper documentation of all major sourcing decisions
Health and Safety Compliance:
- Act as custodian of Health & Safety through the management of the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Management System (HSEQMS) in compliance with regulations and legislation
- Monitor and report on incidents, identifying root cause through investigations and determining corrective actions to be put in place
- Coordinate the provision of Health & Safety training for Safety Representatives
- Monitor that the office premises comply with Health & Safety protocols (i.e. emergency exits, etc.)
- Lead the recruitment of staff members in collaboration with Human Resources Department
- Manage the performance of direct reports, ensuring agreement of annual goals, measuring performance against agreed goals and dealing with areas of non-performance
- Lead the development of staff to ensure the team receive adequate and relevant training to support career development
- Input into the development of succession plans for the department in consultation with the MD
- Lead, coach and mentor direct reports and the team to foster personal growth and teamwork
- Manage the administration of direct reports through the approval of leave, subsistence and travel expenses
- Manage the administration of documentation to ensure availability and ease of retrieval at all times
- Engage with Group teams to address departmental business performance problems, identify resolutions and make the necessary adjustments to the operating business model
- Communicate regularly with the Country MD to provide the necessary updates on departmental operations
- Liaise closely with Sales team to coordinate / ensure supply
- Support the collaboration across functions to understand and resolve problems on the ground
- Support the efforts of Business Development and balance inventory between business development efforts and retail sales
- Strong Analytical Skills: Ability to analyse both numeric and verbal data correctly to identify critical connections and patterns to recommend appropriate actions and make tactical decisions
- Problem Solving: Ability to proactively identify and analyse problems to recommend alternative and sustainable solutions; flexibility to adapt solutions to new information
- Attention to Detail: Ability to monitor and ensure all operational processes and policies are correctly and consistently adhered to across the organization
- Familiarity with using Oracle NetSuite for inventory management
- Familiarity with G Suite tools
- Enjoys working hard. Demonstrates energy & drive for things seen as challenging.
- Build the bridge: Ability to build, embrace and repair relationships with our contractors, staff, and external stakeholders..
- Effective communication: Ability to connect with the rest of the organization proactively and effectively and using different communication platforms without holding back important information.
- Strong communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields such as Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Logistics/Transportation, Business Administration, Procurement, and with a record of strong academic performance
- 5+ years of experience in warehousing and/or logistics
- Preferred: renewable energy, telecom, or FMCG
- 1+ year of management experience is highly preferred.
- Willingness to work a variety of hours as business demands, including late nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ambition to grow professionally and contribute to the development of the company
- Very adaptable to changes in plans; solution-oriented
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.