MultiChoice South Africa’s activities involve the operation of Pay-Television and internet subscriber platforms. The MultiChoice South Africa group includes the digital satellite Pay-Television business (“DStv”), which has been in operation since 1995. Other businesses in the group are; M-Net (delivers thematic channels and exclusive content to DStv subscribers) and SuperSport (provides comprehensive coverage of local and global sport), DStv Media Sales (commercial airtime sales and on-air sponsorship), DStv Digital Media (a division of MultiChoice and oversees the development of emerging platforms and products for the group), MWEB (internet service provider), Commerce Zone (e-procurement solutions) and Smart Village (gated community services) also form part of the group. MultiChoice’s involvement in South Africa goes beyond it’s core business.
Through its corporate social investment, the company actively participates in social transformation and, through technology, enables individuals and communities to help themselves.
Social Media Community Manager
Job Type Full Time
Qualification BA/BSC/HND, OND
Job Field Advertising
- To connect with existing and potential customers through quality community management, aimed at increasing community retention, customer engagement and conversion to align with marketing strategies, as prescribed by the Social Media Manager.
Key Performance Objectives:
- Manage platforms relevant to designated regions (Countries that fall under East or West Africa).
- Identify tactical social media opportunities.
- Social monitoring and listening to identify trends in conversation.
- Ensure brand consistency throughout all interactions.
- Follow up to ensure loops have been closed with customer queries and complaints.
- Engage with community members through direct messages and comments.
- Keep track of the latest social media trends and innovation.
- Reporting on any social media activities.
- Building relationships with customers (both potential and existing), influencers, industry professionals and journalists through quality engagements.
- Minimum Diploma / Degree will be advantageous.
- Strong engagements with social communities and/or customers on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Engagement, sentiment and trend reports.
- Up to date with relevant industry trends.
- Creation or contribution to media content.
- Community Management.
- Customer Support.
- Tech Savvy.
- Community Engagement.
- Ability to understand, report on and interpret Social Media data and insights.
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Skilled communicator (Written and verbal).
- An interest in social and digital trends.