British American Tobacco Nigeria plc (informally BAT) is a British multinational tobacco company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is one of the world’s five largest tobacco companies. BAT has a market-leading position in over 50 countries and operations in around 180 countries. Its four largest-selling brands are Dunhill, Lucky Strike, Kent and Pall Mall, with others including Kool, Benson & Hedges and Rothmans.
BAT has a primary listing on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. As at 6 July 2012 it had a market capitalisation of Â£65.6 billion, the sixth-largest of any company listed on the London Stock Exchange. It has a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
Security Assistant - Northern and Middle Belt Area
Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 Years
Job Field Security
- Identify key business risks in the company commercial operating environment while ensuring that measures are put in place to mitigate such risks
- Gathers intelligence from various sources, analyzing and cascading to the business for swift decision making
- Carry out and manage company investigation and timely reporting on matters such as RTAs (Road Traffic Accidents), security breach and other incidents reported within operating environment.
- Liaise with relevant government security agencies and institutions to optimally harness information gathering
- Collaborates with Marketing to ensure all activations, events and programmes are carried out in a secured environment and safely
- Monitor and report on the political and socio-economic situation of the country always and provide accurate and concise information to guide and guard marketing field force across Nigeria
- Collate data on threats, risks and other info as may be required by the Commercial Security Manager for month end reports
- OTIF (On Time in Full) investigation and reporting of any RTAs or Incidents to the Commercial Security Manager
- Carry out Risk Assessment (SSAVA – Site Security and Vulnerability Assessment) of offices, warehouses, residences, RTM (Route to Market) and as may be required by the organization.
- Contributes to the SRM (Security Risk Matrix) and risk register updates
- Contributes to the BCM (Business Continuity Management) implementation for North and MB (Middle Belt) regions
- Be the local interface of Fleet regarding the proper use of tools of trade
- At least 3 years of professional experience within security field, preferably in an FMCG company
- Strong market knowledge of Northern and Middle Belt areas in Nigeria
- Full proficiency in Hausa Language
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Any security certification, such as CPP, would be an added advantage
- Strong reporting and documentation skills
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Package
- Availability to travel across Northern and Middle Belt Areas, at least 40% of the time
- Valid driver’s license
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.