Owens and Xley Consults Owens and Xley is a business consulting and advisory company. We offer strategic services in the areas of business advisory, business development and planning to small businesses that would otherwise not have access to the technical competencies available to bigger companies. We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs, and the initial capital challenges faced by small a business, which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that the small business owners still have access to the technical skill but at a fraction of the cost. We aim to help entrepreneurs and small business owners get better business results with less cost.
Retail / Operations Manager
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 Years
Job Field Sales/Marketing
- Plan out work assignments and work schedules of the employees and assign specific duties to employees
- Ensure that the store personnel comply with the store’s security, sales and record taking practices and procedures.
- Model and promote great customer service
- Ensure that both your own personal sales contribution and that of your team meet and exceed performance goals set
- Demonstrate sales leadership by actively being on shop floor; working with the store team in developing techniques that can build customer loyalty and brand awareness through superior service
- Ensure Sales Associates are collecting relevant customer data to assist in relationship building and using data to tailor future, personalized shopping experiences
- Work with Business Development Manager (BDM) in producing and executing business plan/strategy for the store, including: sales development, events, promotions, training, merchandising, etc.
- Inform BDM of competitor activities / promotions and strategies
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of products
- Lead by example and model behavior that reflects the brand’s core values
- Recruit, guide and develop a team of professional sales staff, according to local HR directives
- Participate in staffing decisions including: discipline, training, assignment and termination, according to local HR directives
- Continually develop the sales associates and other staff so they can grow with the Company as it grows
- Work with HR on assessing all the sales associates, and store support staff
- Contribute to a positive atmosphere that is fun, professional, productive and team oriented; encourage ongoing dialogue with direct reports to foster new ideas and to achieve sales objectives
- Regularly and effectively communicate company/store sales plan objectives the team so they can achieve clearly defined sales expectations.
- Perform opening and closing procedures
- Attend to customers
- Take opening and closing stock count
- Ensure store is visually appealing
- Collate and communicate customer feedback.
Routinely review POS transactions, incoming/outgoing merchandise orders and inventory levels for accuracy; regularly prepares scheduled sales reports
Prepare weekly operations reports.
- Work with BDM to prepare sales report
- Prepare inventory report.
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in a related field
- 2-years working experience in a similar role
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Management skills
- Strong customer service approach and attitude
Must live in Lekki Axis
N100,000 – N120,000
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: August 4, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.