Nextier Capital Limited is an investment and multi-competency advisory firm with a primary focus on agriculture, power and petroleum. With offices in Abuja, Enugu, and Lagos, we provide a full range of services to our clients with a goal of becoming their most trusted advisor. We achieve this goal by providing counsel to our clients in the areas of policy design, strategy consulting, performance management and research. At Nextier, we are focused on helping our clients achieve excellent results. On the investment side, we provide financial advisory services private equity and venture capital services. With a growing team of principals, staff, and affiliates, we work with clients who are dedicated to resolving their challenges because we are committed to the work we do.
Clients defer to us because they recognize we provide sustained impact. We base our recommendations on rigorous research and testing of our assumptions and findings. They know that we assemble the best resources (locally and internationally), to focus on their projects. We provide our clients with the confidence that comes from knowing we have looked at every side of the issue before making a Nextier recommendation. Our consultants deliver thorough analysis, boast a deep knowledge of their industries, and offer pragmatic solutions to produce practical, sustainable, and high impact results.
Research & Policy Analyst
Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 – 5 Years
Job Unit Research
- Nextier seeks to engage the services of a Research & Policy Analyst. The Analyst will work within a team of other analysts and consultants within the firm to achieve business or organizational target.
- The Research and Policy Analyst will work to support Nextier Power in the planning, designing, and implementing of energy policies related to various aspects of the power sector and in generating bankable projects by providing technical support that includes drafting proposals and undertaking sector assessments and applied research on good practices and experiences, participating in knowledge sharing programs, and refining and solidifying Nextier’s service offerings in the power sector.
- The Research and Policy Analyst will engage with personnel within Nextier, government officials, and development partners to expand meaningful application of up-to-date power knowledge and tools as well as the synthesis of cutting-edge insights and ideas.
- Take initiative to support the development of energy proposals and engagements with donors and private sector to mobilize financial resources and leverage co-financing.
- In-depth understanding of the Nigerian Power sector and proffer solutions.
- Develop program scope, support, execute and coordinate Nextier Power programmes and projects.
- Manage the various grant programmes targeted to improve consumer education and access both in the on-grid and off-grid space.
- Provide strategy for programme direction and dissemination.
- Provide strategic supervision for the dissemination of the daily newsletter.
- Editor for the Weekly newspaper series on critical issues in the power sector.
- Manage, coordinate and organise the Monthly discuss on matters which are critical to economic growth.
- Organise power sector specific radio programmes, roundtables and customer engagement workshops.
- Monitor and evaluate all activities in the programme using strategic tools.
- Develop concept notes on Greenfield policies and programs.
- Developing policy briefs, proposals, tender for bids, copy editing and proof reading of articles and briefs.
- Developing any other document as instructed by the senior leadership
- Lookout for possible portfolios within the market for expansion.
- Stakeholder relations to understand the market operated in and assisting Nextier to consolidate shares within the market with a target of expansion.
- Interface with other sector operators and participants for exchange of ideas and information.
- Read books, journals and materials in sector to stay updated and relevant.
- Research on industry aspects as the need arises.
- Research on innovations and opportunities for expansion and implementation within the industry.
- Provide support in any other capacity required.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2:1 and above in any science related field
- Master’s degree preferably in sustainable energy, renewable energy engineering and any other power sector related courses.
- 3-5 years’ experience working within the power or in a research and policy related role.
- In-depth knowledge of the power sector is essential
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Dedicated team player
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills and a problem-solving attitude.
- Must be confident and articulate.
- Must be decisive, action-centered and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must pay attention to details
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.