Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited Created by the Howdy Corporation in St. Louis, MO, 7UP was an optimistic venture from the very start. After great success with the Howdy Orange drink, company founder C.L. Grigg decided to try his luck with lemons and limes. C.L. Grigg spent more than two years testing over 11 different formulas, all in search of a drink that was refreshing enough to prove irresistible to the people of Missouri and the world at large. In 1929, C.L. Grigg’s bubbliest drink was born. The public quickly developed a taste for Grigg’s caramel colored lemon-lime soda. Bib-Label Lithiated Lemon-Lime Soda sold, and sold well.
As the drink grew more and more popular, the original name was traded in for something short and sweet. Bib-Label Lithiated Lemon-Lime Soda became known as 7UP. Early advertising featured a winged 7UP logo with copy that read “a glorified drink in bottles only. Seven natural flavors blended into a savory, flavory drink with a real wallop.” The drink was so successful by 1936 that Grigg changed the name of The Howdy Corporation to The Seven-Up Company. By the late 1940s, 7UP had become the third best-selling soft drink in the world.
In the decades to follow, 7UP developed iconic branding, setting it apart from industry front-runners. In 1967, 7UP brought the phrase UNCOLA into the national vernacular. The UNCOLA campaign set 7UP apart from its competition and became part of a counter cultural that symbolized being true to yourself and challenging the status quo.
Research and Development Officer (Home and Personal Care)
- We are looking to hire a Research and Development Executive to manage our product innovation and development.
- He / she will be responsible for handling the various stages of product development from carrying out market surveys and providing data on what products are needed, to prototyping and testing before the product goes into full production.
- The R&D executive will play a very crucial role in ensuring that we give our consumers the very best products.
- He / she will make sure that all new products and innovations meet (or even surpass) all regulatory and statutory requirements.
The duties of the R&D Executive include:
- Managing the end to end development process from concept to launch, ensuring complete visibility and traceability of work, this involves:
- Horizon scanning for innovative ingredients and technologies.
- Modifying existing products and processes and developing new ones.
- Selecting raw materials and other ingredients from suppliers.
- Continuous quality improvement and cost reduction exercises for existing products.
- Coordinating launches of new products or running trials alongside/together with product development.
- Dealing with any customer complaint investigations or product issues.
- Compiling / checking / approving product specifications and labeling.
- Working on packaging innovation and technology.
- Work within the budgetary constraints set for projects.
- Project categories will range from minor (e.g. product extension, Ingredients change) to major (e.g. disruptive innovation projects or creating new categories).
- Coordinating within Cross-functional teams (CFT) to ensure delivery as per agreed timelines.
- Timely & Appropriate inputs for successfully resolving process / product issues at manufacturing locations.
- A Graduate / Master’s degree in Cosmetic Science, Chemistry or Biochemistry.
- Creative product development experience (related to Home & Personal Care products) and able to demonstrate a thorough understanding on formulation strategies and manufacturing technologies.
- At least 3 years of experience of leading new product development projects from concept to test and final implementation.
- Excellent project management, communication and presentation skills.
- Good understanding of ingredients and processes.
- Good understanding of packaging and its interactions with product and acceptance through shelf life.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: September 9, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV with a Cover Letter as the body of the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the “Job title” as subject of the email.