DexNova Consulting Limited is a Professional Services firm operating in the knowledge industry and dedicated to building excellent delivery capability in organisations across Africa through Professional Training and Certifications. We are Certified Education Provider…
Project Engineer (Dredging)
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 Years
Job Field Engineering
- To Undertake technical and feasibility studies including site investigations.
- Oversee Construction work.
- Ensure accurate setting out and leveling of the works in accordance with the drawings/specifications
- Ensuring the plans, drawings and quantities are accurate for calculations.
- Review Engineer/Services/Sub-contractor drawings and quantities are accurate for calculations.
- Ensure quality control of work and materials is carried out in accordance with the specification requirements.
- Ensure project scope meet agreed specifications, run smoothly within budget and time frame.
- Liaising with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff, especially hydrographical, quantity surveyors and the overall project manager.
- Providing technical advice and solving problems on-site
- Preparing site reports and filling in other paperwork
- Liaising with quantity surveyors about the ordering and the pricing of materials
- Scheduling material and equipment purchases and deliveries
- Ensuring that health, safety and environmental sustainability policies are adhered to.
- Degree in Mechanical / Civil Engineering or related field is mandatory.
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience in the Construction industry.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision with subcontractors and construction artisans.
- Must be familiar with the difference dredging methodologies e.g reclamation, sweeping or profiling, cutter suction dredging operations and so on.
- Ability to proffer technical solutions and advise as well as ability to interpret drawings.
- Ability to use AUTOCAD and proficient in the use of Ms Office Suite and other basic ICT tools.
- Certification as a Project management Professional, COREN and other professional body is an added advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Only Residents Engineer in Port Harcourt will be considered.
- Highly competitive.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: Not Specified
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title and location as the subject of the mail. E.g “Engineer PH”.
Do not miss any job posting updates, Join our Social Media handles to get the latest information and all the Basic tips of applying for jobs.