ZOA International relief and recovery organization supporting vulnerable people affected by violent conflicts and natural disasters in fragile states, by helping them to realize dignified and resilient lives. ZOA operates in more than 15 countries, in difficult locations where our field staff directly provides assistance to the most vulnerable victims of displacement. The countries in which ZOA is present are Afghanistan, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Jordan, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Liberia, Myanmar, Philippines, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Uganda and Yemen. ZOA is active in insecure and volatile regions: serving Syrian refugees in the Middle East, uprooted people in war-torn South Sudan, displaced Yezidis in Northern Iraq and South Sudanese refugees in Ethiopia, to name a few.
Job Type Full Time
Qualification BA/BSC/HND -OND
Experience 1 – 2 Years
Job Field Project Management
- ZOA started operations in Nigeria December 2016, supporting IDPs and returnees of Boko Haram affected states. In the selection of the beneficiaries, we pay careful attention to include the most vulnerable households.
- Continuously promoting community governance, inclusion, peace and stability in these fragmented and traumatized communities is a challenging but essential part of ZOA’s programme.
- ZOA currently have full team in Borno State; respond to the critical needs in Food Security and livelihood and Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
Purpose of the Position
- The WaSH Assistant supports the Project Manager WaSH in the implementation of WaSH project activities in Jere and Monguno LGAs, Nigeria. These activities are centred on mainstreaming COVID19 prevention in existing food security and WaSH activities in the project locations.
- He/she will report to the Project Manager WaSH on the progress of his/her activities. The position is based in Monguno, ZOA Nigeria.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- In close collaboration with the WASH officer and Project Manager, support hygiene promotion and COVID-19 prevention awareness activities within communities
- Assist the WASH officer/Project Manager in implementing the behavior change methodologies including (PHAST) and CHAST for the WASH programs.
- Participate in data collection activities, i.e., baseline, end line, Knowledge, Attitude and Practices (KAP) and household surveys including beneficiary’s identification and registration
- Contribute to weekly and monthly reports and other ad hoc reports to meet donor and internal requirements; maintain an accurate reporting and data management of activities (including an updated attendance sheets for hygiene promotion sessions).
- Conduct trainings, support and participate in distribution activities
- Supervise activities of hygiene promoters, community volunteers and WASH Committees (WASHCOMs)
- Participate in the development of information, education and communication (IEC) materials relevant to the context; with appreciation of cultural norms and beliefs.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to ZOA and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission;
- Develop key productions to increase ZOA’s communication within local communities in Monguno to promote program activities and increase awareness and acceptance;
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the WASH officer or WASH [Deputy] Project Manager.
- With support of the PM and MEAL team, manage and educate project communities and beneficiaries about ZOA’s safe complaints/feedback and response mechanisms;
- Receive, refer and or respond to complaints/feedbacks receive from communities and beneficiaries
- Ensure that beneficiaries are aware of their rights under the project implementation
- Ensure the holding of monthly or period community/beneficiaries feedback meetings
- Document, protect and account for complaints and feedback received from communities
- Any other duty that is reasonably consistent with the key tasks of the function.
- Community members and community leaders;
- Vendors and contractors;
- Other organizations
- Any other stakeholders in project implementation at community level;
- Project staff;
- ZOA office staff;
- The candidate is expected to support the identity, vision, and mission of ZOA
- Minimum of Diploma in related field.
- At least 1-2 years’ previous experience in implementing hygiene promotion
- Knowledge of SPHERE minimum standard, humanitarian principles and protection mainstreaming in WASH intervention
- Competence in English,
- Knowledge of spoken and or written Hausa, Kanuri and or Shuwa will be added advantage
- Residency within the project location is an added value.
- Proven skills in computer programs (Word, Excel; minimum)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent skills in report writing and meeting date lines
- Demonstrated ability to work in volatile environment
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: April 24, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should forward their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com clearly indicate the Position applying for in the subject line of application.