International Energy Services Limited (IESL), established in 1990, is a specialist, multidisciplinary, energy services company that provides integrated, client-focused and cost-effective services in the oil and gas industry. IESL provides clients with engineering expertise throughout the project lifecycle, from feasibility studies and scope documents to design conceptualization, construction management and post-construction evaluation.
Our objective is to provide integrated, client-driven consulting engineering and design solutions that help companies attain a competitive edge in the market. IESL has assembled a highly-qualified team of highly skilled engineers and other professionals with worldwide experience and capabilities to provide practical solutions to complex problems at all phases of oil and gas engineering projects.
We have grown to a foremost position in the provision of services to the oil and gas sector because clients over the years have come to value our approach to quality, cost effective services, teamwork and an unswerving commitment to clients’ satisfaction. With our vast experience within the oil and gas industry, we are able to offer a range of professional services to meet the demands of the industry.
Project and Cost Accountant
Job Objective: Accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, cost control, cost analysis, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected.
- Create project accounts in the accounting system.
- Provide cost control, oversight and prepare financial forecasts on all projects.
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders.
- Authorize access to project accounts and the transfer of expenses into and out of project-related accounts.
- Review and approve supplier invoices related to a project, time sheets for work related to a project and overhead charges to be applied to a project.
- Review account totals related to project assets and expenses.
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management.
- Confer with receivables staff regarding unpaid contract billings.
- Report to management on project profitability, any opportunities for additional billings and funding available for projects
- Create or approve all project-related billings to customers.
- Investigate all project expenses not billed to customers.
- Close out project accounts upon project completion.
- Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to projects.
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required.
- Any other related duties assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a Finance related field.
- Must be a qualified Chartered Accountant
- Certification in Project Management and possession of MBA is an added advantage
- Engineering qualification/certification is an added advantage
- Proficiency in accounting software (SAP)
- Strong knowledge of project contract, cost analyst, budgeting techniques, financial control practices and reporting
- At least 5 years of experience in Project & Cost Accounting.
- Experience and knowledge of Oil & Gas is an added advantage.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: September 21, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.