SheLeadsAfrica believes in the power of young African women to build amazing careers and businesses, serve as community leaders and influencers, and eventually take over the world. We produce events and online content to give young African women the skills and resources they need to achieve their professional goals. Our organization has been featured in CNN, Forbes and CNBC Africa.
Job Type Full Time
Job Unit Media Production
- Managing the logistical planning of SLA’s offline programs including networking events, Accelerator programs, brand activations and more
- Research and compile pre-event data such as competitive events, venues, topics, and speakers
- Communicate and coordinate event targets with the Marketing Team and Sales & Partnerships Team
- Secure event partnerships which involves research, conference calls, proposals and in-person meetings
- Conduct customer development research to identify the skills and trainings our community is looking for and integrate that into our programs
- Engage relevant content partners, set-up meetings, and drive short and long-term goals
- Serve as a spokesperson for official events and programs
- Hustle to identify new contacts and sell them on SLA
- Has the ability to live and work in either Lagos, Nigeria or Johannesburg, South Africa
- Has experience with digital content creation (knowledge of Canva a plus)
- Has ample project management skills, and is not afraid to take ownership of a new program and help it grow
- Can work independently and is happy to join a virtual team
- Has a can do attitude and is flexible enough to take on any task we throw at them
- Is passionate, hungry and eager to build SLA into a world class institution
- Has high professional and ethical standards i.e. understands that there’s no such thing as African time – you’re just late
- Is comfortable taking and giving feedback
- Has a good sense of humour – because we’ll be working hard so we better keep each other entertained
- Is comfortable working in a startup environment where we’re making the rules up as we go along.
Hours of work:
- 50 hours per week, usual working hours are from 9:00am – 6:00pm WAT.
- There will be a requirement from time to time to start work earlier or finish later as the role
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.