Owens and Xley Consults is a business consulting and advisory company. We offer strategic services in the areas of business advisory, business development and planning to small businesses that would otherwise not have access to the technical competencies available to bigger companies. We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs, and the initial capital challenges faced by small a business, which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that the small business owners still have access to the technical skill but at a fraction of the cost. We aim to help entrepreneurs and small business owners get better business results with less cost.
Production Manager (Food)
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 Years
Job Field Manufacturing
As a Production Manager of this newly established vegetable processing company, you will play a key role in the development of business operations and in the delivery of the company’s products and services.
Your key job functions will include the following
You will oversee and supervise a team of workers to ensure the factory delivers and functions as expected.
- Oversee the production process, developing/reviewing/updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as required;
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed;
- Ensure that the production is cost-effective and efficient;
- Estimate costs and set the quality standards;
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed;
- Be responsible for the selection, proper handling and maintenance of equipment
- Monitor product standards and implement quality-control programmes;
- Liaise among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers;
- Operations & A Management
- Stock & Inventory Management
- Processing of Invoices
- Staff Welfare & Management
- Supervise and motivate a team of workers;
- Review worker performance;
- Identify training needs.
Other duties as required.
- A foundation Degree, HND or Degree in the following subjects: Supply Chain Management, Business Management / Operations; Food Science / Technology
- Experience in a production/manufacturing environment is preferred;
- Experience in other areas of planning/forecasting, merchandising, development, stock control, purchasing, pricing, costing, logistics, warehousing or other operations required.
Years of Experience:
5 – 7 years
- Good judgment and decision making
- Strategic thinking
- Team Leadership
- Self Starter
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
N100,000 – N150,000 monthly.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: May 25, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.