Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation. We look for ways to reduce the environmental impact of our operations our global pool of experts and the fact that our employees can tap into that diverse pool of expertise will help our commitment to supply Nigeria and beyond with our oil products. The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
Job Type Full Time
Experience: 5 Years
Job Unit Oil & Energy
- We’ll entrust you with supervising the production chemistry lab operations, in support of Production operations, Wells Reservoir and Facility Management, Health Safety Environment, hydrocarbon reconciliation, remediation and oil spill response etc.
- Manage production chemistry labs to deliver quality data within agreed turn-around-time
- Review interpretations, recommendations and approve lab results
- Sustain utilization of SampleManager Laboratory Information Management System
- Maintain applicable certifications for all labs
- Ensure analysis are performed according to relevant reference standards
- Conduct internal quality audits, quality control checks and implement corrective actions
- Sustain 90% lab equipment availability through routine maintenance and calibration
- Perform chemical management system audits and drive continuous improvement
- Manage HSSE in lab operations
- Co-ordinate the standardization of reagents and applicable consumables
- Update test procedures and work instructions in line with approved document change control procedure.
Naturally, you’re the kind of person who manages the production chemistry labs to deliver quality data, maintaining the applicable certifications for all labs and sustaining equipment availability through routine maintenance. You will also be conducting internal quality audits, control checks and implement corrective actions.
- University graduate in Sciences; preferably Chemistry;
- Significant experience in production chemistry area with skill in analytical chemistry;
- working experience in ISO/IEC17025 preferably as a Quality Manager and/or lead assessor.
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience in Process Chemistry and Flow Assurance within the oil & gas industry.
We’re keen to hear from passionate individuals who possess good leadership, investigative and interpersonal skills. A professional with awareness of relevant safety procedures, practices and statutory requirements. Beyond that, we’d hope to see the following on your CV
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.