Saro Lifecare Limited is “To make products that blacks at home and in the Diaspora will be proud to buy & use for the protection and care of their families & homes in a distinctive, rewarding and responsible way.” Saro came into existence in 1991 as a result of preparedness meeting opportunity. The chaotic Nigerian economic environment of the eighties and nineties offered tremendous opportunities for indigenous and smart businesses to enter and grow into spaces being vacated by multinationals who were finding the environment increasingly unprofitable to compete in.
In 1991 the company, then known as Saro Pharma & Chemical Co. Limited, marketed two popular products used in protecting the cocoa crop from fungal and insect pests. Between then and now the Saro Team, made up of young brilliant Africans, leveraging a well cultivated marketing knowledge, the enthusiasm of youth, and a clearly defined vision & value system have, over the years, succeeded in bringing the company to its current leadership position in most of the business segments it has chosen to venture into.
Production and Regulatory Pharmacist
Job Type Full Time
Experience 4 Years
Job Field Pharmaceutical
Production and Regulatory Pharmacist (PRP) is tasked with the responsibility of managing the overall manufacturing operations in Saro Lifecare Pharmaceutical Plant along with ensuring total compliance with all regulatory bodies.
- Strategic Production Planning, Implementation and control to deliver target business goals/objectives of Operational Efficiency, Cost Management & Profitability, Safety & Product Quality.
- Accountable for the overall production operation management. Implements operational efficiency improvements, process optimisation, product quality, safety, production reliability excellence and maintenance, operator’s best practices.
- Leads the delivery of 100% finished goods availability with buffer stock coverage to ensure zero stock out.
- Drive breakthrough practices to achieve standard OEE.
- Oversees efficient management of raw materials, packaging materials, factory supplies, and the production of finished goods to meet all financial objectives.
- Coordinating and maintaining the Plant’s manufacturing capital management and capacity planning process.
- Material Planning to ensure 100% offshore and locally sourced raw materials, packaging materials timely availability.
- Lead the local & offshore vendor management, material sourcing for competitive rates to achieve desired profitability goals.
- Responsible for the expansion of SLCs chemical & packaging supplier base for options that deliver target objectives.
Health & Safety
- Responsible for managing, maintaining and improving safety in the plant, ensures adherence to health & safety guidelines to deliver zero accidents/losses.
- Leads the development of Safety policies & guidelines, Investigates potential threats for necessary Corrective and Preventive Action.
- Directs implementation, procurement and maintenance of Health and Safety Tools/gadgets.
- Reduces and proactively avoids environmental impact and potential risk to the businesses.
- Manages and maintains all production assets and utilities for operational efficiency.
- Drives periodic equipment maintenance in line with standard guidelines to eliminate operational downtime.
- Implements optimisation initiatives for optimum performance and efficiencies.
- Maintains a GMP audit ready production plant and operations.
- Drives the development of GMP culture for compliance of all production associates and operatives.
- Ensures compliance of product quality with all quality & regulatory standards.
- Manufacturing budget planning, implementation & control.
- Elimination of wastages through efficient resource and process management.
- Ensures zero budget overrun
Provides reports of functions on daily, weekly and periodic basis as may be needed by the Line Manager.
- Manages direct reports aligning deliverables with overall business strategic objectives.
- Build the Hypo culture in production associates.
- Ensures 100% compliance with SARO core values and guidelines.
- Ability to work independently and deliver.
- Strong leadership and personnel development
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and resolve issues
- Accurate and attention to detail
- Goal-oriented organized team player
- Minimum of a second-class upper degree in pharmacy from a reputable institution.
- Registered with the Pharmacist Council of Nigeria.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role
AGE: 23 – 35 years old
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.