Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc was incorporated in September 1960 as a private limited liability company, and commenced operations in 1962 with an installed capacity of 600 metric tons per day. The Company was converted to a public limited liability company in 1978, and its shares were subsequently listed on The Nigerian Stock Exchange. In its 54 year history, Flour Mills has remained at the forefront of wheat milling in Nigeria. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria. Flour Mills has invested over N25billion in milling infrastructure over the last seven years, to maintain its competitive advantage.
Today, Flour Mills has a rated milling capacity of over 8,000 metric tons per day, making it one of the largest single site mills in the world. The Company’s flagship mill located in Apapa, Lagos comprises of 10 integrated mills. Each mill was designed as a multilevel operation in order to optimize the use of gravity in the sifting process, thereby reducing the energy requirements. In addition, the Company maintains dedicated mills to the processing of different wheat varieties to produce different flour types. This has ensured consistent quality of its products for 50 years.
Power Plant Electrician - Technical, People Ibadan
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 Years
Job Field Engineering
- Servicing of generating sets as at when due for service.
- Check the batteries and ensure fully charged to acceptable operational level (This includes generator starter batteries, batteries for MV Panel/cubicle and batteries for generator control panels
- Ensure that all electrical auxiliaries are in good working condition.
- Carry out electrical repairs and minor installations as at when required
- Ensure the availability, reliability and safe operation of power generators
- Ensure the safety of self and others in the line of duty.
- WAEC Technical, Trade Test / C&G or National Diploma in Electrical / Electronics Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years’ cognate experience in power generation/plant operations.
The Person Must:
- Have good technical and interpersonal skills.
- Be physically fit.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.