Lightning Networks Limited provides multiple support services to Telecommunications operators and other Industry players within the Information Communication Technology (ICT) sector in Nigeria. The company has all necessary technical competence to build, upgrade and maintain Telecommunications Infrastructure, thus enabling the operators to concentrate on their primary bussiness. Lightning Networks Limited is positioned to providing a broad spectrum of Telecommunication andAllied Services ranging from Hardware Installations and maintenance from the needs of Base Transceivers Stations (BTS), Base Station Controllers (BSC), Main Switching Centers (MSC) and software related services, such as Quality Of Service (QoS) surveys/networks optimization or network quality assurance.
Our engineering Support Services are designed systematically to cater for specific needs of clients. We maintain a strong point in quality service through research and development (R&D) in current global trends in next generation telecommunications infrastructure, thereby operating from an informed perspective to meeting clients ever evolving infrastructure needs. As Nigeria and other West Africa Countries strive to meet International Telecommunication Union (ITU) stipulation of one telephone line to a hundred persons, opportunities abound for operators to explore and optimize the fore going, infrastructural development in West Africa is an ongoing project which Lightning Networks Limited will provide cognate expertise for its implementation in line with Global Telecommunications and Broadcast standards.
Optical Network Maintenance Engineer
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 Years
Job Field Technical
- Good Telecommunication knowledge with emphases on Huawei Transmission Network, especially for DWDM&SDH ASON.
- Assist on optical network technical interface.
- Technical issue trace,
- Excellent English written and spoken communication skills. Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Ability to work efficiently in a team.
- International work and multi related project experience is desired.
- Know configure/modify ODUk,VC4, PWE3/VPLS service.
- Good communication with other department in the project, have base knowledge about other department.
- Must be willing to travel for long periods of time away from base
- Be on standby 24/7 for remote support as required.
- Be responsibility for the Risk and Requirement management.
- The following may be Acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering with specialization in telecom or equivalent degree
- Experience in DWDM/SDH Network, – this should include strong experience with Huawei
- At least working on OTN/SDH in the past 2 years, such optical network cut-over,data configuration /commissioning/ troubleshooting and optimization.
- Ability to work efficiently in a team.
- Strong membership, and experience with a variety of telecom projects.
- Familiar with MPLS-TP transmission principle, able to provision/trouble-shooting VPLS/PWE3 service
- Familiar with Optical Architecture, and Protocols.
- Can get the order and with the ability to control and follow up with configuration/trouble-shooting with on-site engineers.
- Able to do the network trouble shooting independently
- Familiar with Huawei U2000/NCE.
- Asssit on correct procedures in following up issues, reason for the fault occurrences and their prevention mechanism.
Other Professional Skills:
- Ability to work day, evening or night shifts and holidays as required
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure environment
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: April 15, 2020
Method of Application
Apply by sending your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com