European Union Delegation to Nigeria and ECOWAS Under our partnership which has been evolving since 1976, the EU is committed to Nigeria’s socio-economic and political development. The EU is also committed to support Nigeria’s efforts in promoting peace and security and in supporting efforts to further reinforce good governance and human rights. There are several compelling reasons why we are committed to make this work: Nigeria’s economic and social strength; its evolving democratic institutions; its role in promoting democracy and stability in Africa generally, and particularly in West Africa; its increasing influence on the international scene; its weight in the war against poverty; its central position in the management of migration flows; its tradition of tolerance and openness, which deserves being supported and protected; Since 1999 when it returned to democratic rule, Nigeria has recorded some success as it grapples with the challenges of development. But like other developing countries of the world, it still has challenges to surmount.
Office Support Agent
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Administration
- We offer a post of Office Support Agent. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Office Support Agent. This job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant Head of Section.
- The candidate, Local Agent LA4 will work full time (37.5 hours weekly) in a multicultural and multinational environment at the premises of the EU Delegation in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under the Nigerian labour law;
- Satisfactory knowledge of English
- Upper secondary education in a relevant field and a minimum of 3 years in performing administrative support tasks. Thorough knowledge of secretarial and clerical tasks
- We expect a candidate with deep understanding and experience of clerical tasks, with high level of personal integrity, able to work under strict deadlines and able to cope with a significant workload such as:
- Coordinate appointments and diaries of members of the Delegation.
- Organize and prepare meetings; arrange appointments.
- Organize and manage contacts lists and databases.
- Receive, register and follow-up of incoming mail, correspondence, outgoing mail.
- File and up keeping of the system and archives of the Delegation.
The following will be considered an asset:
- Knowledge of French
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- Thorough knowledge of secretarial and clerical tasks and previous experience in a diplomatic mission or international organization
- Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Office and good control of Excel, ability to handle statistical data
- Self- motivated, proactive, ability to work in a multicultural environment, both in team and/or alone, respect for the deadlines, ability to deal with stressing situations and to work under tight deadlines, performing well under pressure.
- We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as a pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions. The gross basic salary will be raised in accordance with the current salary scale, depending on years of relevant professional experience, starting from NGN 344,306.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: July 17, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application to: DELEGATION-NIGERIA-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu Applications should consist of a letter explaining your interest and suitability for this position and Curriculum Vitae (each 2 pages maximum). These documents should be sent by email to the attention of Head of Administration, on above stated email address. Application should clearly state the title of the post “Office Support Agent”.
- After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for this post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting document. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase, which is a written test, followed by interviews. During this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
- The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will inform the remaining candidates by email, once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
- The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to DELEGATION-NIGERIA-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu
- Applications received after the deadline stated below or not conform to these instructions will be automatically rejected.