One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the financing and training they need to grow their way out of hunger and poverty. Instead of giving handouts, we invest in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We supply a complete service bundle of seeds and fertilizer, financing, training, and market facilitation— and we deliver these services within walking distance of over 800,000 rural farmers we serve. We measure success in our ability to make farmers more prosperous and we always put Farmers First. www.oneacrefund.org
Nigeria Government Relations Specialist
Job Type Full Time
Location Niger State
Job Unit Project Management
- Engage partners and local government officials of all levels with a view to deepening and broadening One Acre Fund’s State and local government networks in Nigeria.
- Create project plans and budgets, and manage concurrent projects
- Support the scoping, development and management of program partnerships, with support from manager.
- Produce communications materials to engage important contacts and keep them informed of our work, including quarterly reports, briefing notes and official written correspondence.
- Provide trainings to One Acre Fund staff on best practices for working with government officials, and other capacity building support.
- Track and manage risks and issues from local government affecting field operations.
- Track and manage One Acre Fund’s database of important contacts and interactions in Nigeria.
- Host important partner events (e.g. field visits) and oversee participation in agricultural shows and other external events. Ensure government protocols are observed at all hosted events.
- Assist program expansion through relationship management with relevant authorities in new or targeted areas of operation.
- Track and renew licenses and permits required for our operations.
- Research policies, regulations, programs and political developments relevant to field operations.
- Engage field leadership to remain informed of the latest developments with our program and trials, through:
- Regular attendance at FO/Field Leader Meetings
- Monthly meetings with Field Team and Innovations lead(s)
- Other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized academic institution required. Candidates with graduate studies and degrees will be given additional consideration.
- Work experience in government, business or NGO environments, especially work planning and executing on task with minimal oversight.
- At least 2 year experience working in/with government or in community development roles
- At least 1 year experience managing government or partner relationships
- Knowledge of sub-national Nigerian government and traditional structures is required.
- Must be able to produce simple documents (emails, letters, etc.) and independently develop and use basic project tools and budgets
- A willingness to commit to living in Minna for a long-term position
- Leadership and management experience at work or outside of work
- Experience setting and meeting targets
- Fluency in English and Hausa required.
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
Please Highlight The Following Skills If You Have Them
- Experience working in agriculture or rural development
- Experience managing events
- Background in dealing with government officials at local and national levels
- Experience working with diverse teams, coordinating meetings, and making strategic recommendations
- Experience managing people
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.