PYXERA Global envisions a world in which individuals, organizations, and institutions from different points on the globe converge to address complex challenges through sustainable and mutually beneficial efforts. For close to a quarter century, PYXERA Global has been working to improve lives and build capacity of individuals and institutions around the world. Today, their work is guided by their commitment to design and implement solutions that achieve real-world goals through approaches that inspire, enrich, and endure.
They leverage the unique strengths of corporations, governments, social sector organizations, educational institutions, and individuals to enhance the abilities of people and communities to solve complex problems and attain mutually beneficial goals. With a quarter century of experience in more than 90 countries, their team is passionate and dedicated to navigating challenges and pinpointing purposeful global engagement opportunities for their clients and partners.
Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 Years
Job Field Agriculture
We are seeking qualified candidate for the position of Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant to be based at the Rayuwa Project Office in Zaria, Nigeria. This position will support the Rayuwa Project Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and the entire team for the implementation of an integrated community development project with a focus on enhancing resilient agriculture and accountable education. As a new initiative, Rayuwa Nigeria is part of PYXERA Global broader JIVA programming, housed within the Enterprise and Community Development division.
Rayuwa Nigeria project involve collaboration with diverse partners and a drive to be continuously adaptive to the local context. The project is funded by John Deere and implemented by PYXERA Global. The Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant will support the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and the project team to design, plan, manage, monitor, and evaluate the project’s resilient agriculture and accountable education activities. The ideal candidate will have moderate M&E work experience in multi-sector and integrated development programs in a rural setting. As part of the Rayuwa Nigeria team, the Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant will also exemplify PYXERA Global Values which encourages teamwork, equality, and a strong work ethic across all members of the Rayuwa Nigeria team.
Key Position Responsibilities
The M & E Assistant will report directly to the Project Monitoring & Evaluation Officer and will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that the implementation of program activities is in line with the project’s implementation and M & E plan and meet stakeholders need.
- Provide technical support to program team in ensuring that data/indicators related to the project are accurately captured and reported according to set guidelines.
- Support the development and design of M&E framework, tools and project M&E plans, guidelines and ensure efficient data management processes.
- Provide continuous technical lead to project team on data management and regularly analyze data, highlight important programmatic gaps and coordinate with the M&E Officer and the team in addressing these gaps.
- Support monitoring activities to project sites, collation/analysis of monitoring reports for program feedback and decision making
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites for data verification, validation, and data quality assessments (DQAs) using standard checklists
- Ensure regular maintenance and update of project database/information system.
- Support operational research activities and participate in project assessments, evaluation, and design teams as applicable.
- Facilitate the preparation/production of project reports.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Agric. Economics, Agric. Extension, Agronomy, Statistics, Data Management, Sustainable Development or related fields.
- At least 2 years of direct involvement in providing monitoring and evaluation support for agricultural or education programs
- Experience with participatory and community-based M&E systems
- Previous experience with development of e-platforms for data capturing and reporting
- Proficiency in database development/management, and skills in analyzing, interpreting, and communicating data and information to various stakeholders
- Experience using ICT4D for data collection preferred
- Familiarity with mobile data collection tools like, ODK and CommCare is desirable
- Significant experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative assessments and surveys
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to speak Hausa will be an added advantage
- Must be willing to travel and work regularly in rural communities.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: July 10, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume, Cover Letter, expected compensation package and list of 3 professional references to: Opportunities@PYXERAGlobal.org using “PYXERA Global / Rayuwa Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant 2020” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis.