Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc was incorporated in September 1960 as a private limited liability company, and commenced operations in 1962 with an installed capacity of 600 metric tons per day. The Company was converted to a public limited liability company in 1978, and its shares were subsequently listed on The Nigerian Stock Exchange. In its 54 year history, Flour Mills has remained at the forefront of wheat milling in Nigeria.
The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria. Flour Mills has invested over N25billion in milling infrastructure over the last seven years, to maintain its competitive advantage.
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 Years
Job Field Finance
Management Information Systems:
- Ensure accurate information are received from the operations and the same are captured in the MIS system on daily basis.
- Work closely with operations to ensure accurate information are captured on the Management Information System.
Support for budget & forecasting:
- Co-ordination with Department Heads and prepare Forecasts on requests.
- Generate Monthly Variance Analysis Report to ensure the project is progressing within the estimated and pre-assigned budget cost limits.
Support for month end accounts:
- Responsible for providing accurate data for activity-based costing/ salary allocations and thereby ensuring the closure of the monthly books in time.
- Prepare reports, budget, commentaries and financials for the subsidiary.
- Provide input into the long-term financial strategies, budgeting process and capital allocation.
New system developments:
- Provide business requirement data for the development and implementation of new system (CanePro).
- First degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Professional Certification (CFA/ ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA).
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar function from a reputable organization.
The person must:
- Be detailed oriented.
- Have excellence strategic planning.
- Have excellence analytical and forecasting skills.
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be team oriented, adaptable and dependable.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.