APM Terminals is an international container terminal operating company headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands. It is one of the world’s largest port and terminal operators as well as providing cargo support and container Inland Services, and is the largest port and terminal operating company in terms of overall geographic scope operating a Global Terminal Network with interests in 63 operating port and terminal facilities in 39 countries on five continents, with seven new port projects in development, as well as over 160 Inland Services operations providing container transportation, management, maintenance and repair in 48 countries. APM Terminals was named “International Terminal Operator of the Year” at the Containerisation International Awards in October 2013 for the second consecutive year. APM Terminals was also named the winner of the Lloyd’s List Asia Awards 2013 “Port Operator Award”.
In 2012 APM Terminals was also named winner of the “Port Operator of the Year” Award at the Lloyd’s List 2012 Global Awards. 2013 Results The APM Terminals Global Terminal Network handled 36.3 million TEUs in 2013, (weighted by equity share) representing a 3% growth over 2012’s container throughput. APM Terminals earned a profit of USD $770 million on revenue of USD $4.33 billion during the year, with a return on invested capital (ROIC) of 13.5%. Operational cash flow for 2013 was USD $923 million, compared with USD $910 million the year prior. Portfolio developments in 2013 included the formal signing of an agreement between APM Terminals and Turkish-based Petkim to develop and operate a new deep-water port facility near Izmir, on the western Anatolian Coast. APM Terminals Izmir will be one of Turkey’s largest container and general cargo terminals, and will be able to accommodate vessels of over 10,000 TEU capacity.
Maintenance Workshop Electrician
Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 years
Job Field Engineering
- Troubleshoot and effect repairs on electrical and electronic circuits, digital drive and control systems, programmable logic controllers and electrical component elements.
- Ensure adherence to established safety practices in the execution of assignments and in the use of tools, equipment and machinery.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and unscheduled breakdown maintenance on equipment assigned to Maintenance Workshop for maintenance.
- Service, repair, deploy, remove and stow away equipment as required using safe driving techniques and safe parking procedures.
- To carry out all maintenance repairs and modifications on ReachStackers, Empty Stackers, Trucks and other plant and equipment (when required) in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Practice and the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Ensuring high standards are maintained.
- To evaluate and analyse the nature, cause and perform the repairs of breakdowns. Determining the optimal way of dealing with the problem, to achieve a quality and cost effective solution, as well as minimal downtime and maximum Operational availability of Container handling equipment.
- Use sound knowledge of rigging procedures to recover equipment from yard due to accidents as efficiently as possible, ensuring minimal delays to operations.
- Have sufficient knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act. Enforce safe working procedures, for the purpose of safety of employees and people around you.
- To carry out repairs to defects as per Examiners defect list. To ensure safe working and minimize breakdowns to machinery and equipment.
- A Degree / Diploma in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- The ideal candidate will have minimum 3 years experience as an Electrician in a container terminal engineering environment or in both electrical/electronic fields in any heavy industries.
- Trade test certificate in Electrical engineering.
- Have experience in Automotive Air Conditioner.
- Basic Mechanical Knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge in Electrical components, maintenance and engineering.
- Age range of 25 to 35.
- Must hold a valid Driver’s license with at least 5 years driving experience.
- Excellent visual acuity.
- Works well under pressure.
- Requires good verbal and written communications skills.
- An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.