General Electric (GE) is an American multinational conglomerate corporation incorporated in New York and headquartered in Fairfield, Connecticut. The company operates through the following segments: Energy [2013 inactive], Technology Infrastructure, Capital Finance as well as Consumer and Industrial.
In 2011, GE ranked among the Fortune 500 as the 26th-largest firm in the U.S. by gross revenue, as well as the 14th most profitable. However, the company is listed the fourth-largest in the world among the Forbes Global 2000, further metrics being taken into account. Other rankings for 2011/2012 include No. 7 company for leaders (Fortune), No. 5 best global brand (Interbrand), No. 63 green company (Newsweek), No. 15 most admired company (Fortune), and No. 19 most innovative company (Fast Company).
Logistics & Inventory Specialist
Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 Years
Job Field Logistics
- The Logistics & Inventory Specialist is responsible for managing the day to day warehousing, inventory and meeting short-term logistics objectives.
- The role will be responsible for resolving daily issues related to logistics operations through immediate action or short-term planning.
- The role will also maintain logistics KPI’s/metrics and meeting customer requirements ensuring that the company policy and international trade compliance regulations are adhered to.
- Continuous internal communication with direct line manager and key stakeholders
- Maintain and control the tools and dashboards for metric visibility and communication
- Analysis of the local transportation spend and tie to the financial ledger
- Coordinating and communicating shipment delivery requirements with freight forwarders
- Responsible for timely, accurate and complete record keeping
- Support standardization of transportation processes from the distribution center to the end customers
- Working cross-functionally with sourcing, operations, supply chain and finance to identify improvement opportunities and implement successful changes.
- Manage the inventory in the 3PL warehouse
- Responsible for conducting timely cycle counts and physical inventory in time assuring KPI’s are met, driving inventory integrity
- Support the 3PL team regarding GLPROD transactions
- Support warehousing optimization/Lean projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3 years of experience in logistics or equivalent industry
- Clear track record in managing KPIs & delivering operational improvements
- Available & willing to travel to any country in the region
- Ability to influence & work collaboratively with matrixed teams
- Strong communicator, building relationships with internal customers & external suppliers
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office package & Oracle Applications (ERP)
- Fully fluent in English (written and spoken).
Quality Specific Goals:
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
- Proficient knowledge, understanding and leadership for International Trade Compliance, identify, report and resolve any trade compliance issues.
- Proficient knowledge, understand and leadership for operating within security programs such as CTPAT and AEO to ensure that warehousing, packaging and transportation requirements are met.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume).
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.