GUO Transport Company Ltd. is a division of G. U. Okeke & Sons Ltd. A household name in the transportation industry and one of the largest provider of intercity and interstate transportation, serving more than 200 destinations across Nigeria and West Africa with a modern, environmentally friendly fleet. The company has become an icon in the transportation industry, providing safe, enjoyable and affordable travel to millions of passengers annually. While GUO transport Co. is well known for its regularly scheduled passenger service, the company also provides a number of other services for its customers such as value-priced same-day and early-next-day haulage and package delivery to numerous destinations in Nigeria.
Logistic Operation Officer
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 – 3 Years
Job Field Logistics
- Develop logistical plans for current operations and logistics contingency plans.
- Execute standard operating methods to manage logistics operations efficiently.
- Ensure accountable, timely and cost-effective release of peacekeeping waybill and orders along with customers.
- Execute logistics support policy, processes and methodologies to general benefit of the organization
- Guide and oversee performance of new and junior logistics officers.
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints.
- Supervise orders and arrange stocking of waybills and equipment to ensure they meet customer needs
- Communicate with suppliers, retailers, customers etc. to achieve profitable deals and mutual satisfaction
- Plan and track the shipment of waybills according to customer requirements
- Keep logs and records of orders and executed orders etc.
- Prepare accurate reports for upper management.
- B.Sc / HND in any related course.
- 2-3 years’ experience as a logistic operations officer in a recognized logistics and distribution company.
- Good knowledge and understanding of transport and logistic industry.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent usage Microsoft Excel, Word and Power point
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple logistic requests.
- Good communication skills.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.