IO Furniture Limited is Nigeria’s furniture market leader, consistent award winner and only company to win the best Made in Nigeria furniture award two years in a row. We proffer Interior Design and Furniture solutions for corporate, hospitality, real estate and residential projects.
We are a full-service interior design and manufacturing company characterized by our uncompromising quality and innovative design solutions. With innovation, functionality, and style at the heart and soul of our company, we deliver perfection consistently. From our signature classics to our custom project designs we have managed to build a stellar reputation for excellence, quality, reliability and integrity. We pride ourselves in our ability to interpret the essence of our clients through manufacturing and design. By working closely with each client we are able to create spaces that embody their being, because regardless of whether they are individuals, brands or establishments to us each project is personal.
Financial and Management Accountant
Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 – 5 Years
Job Field Finance
The Financial and Management Accountant will report directly to the CFO. This is a supporting mid-level role within IO Furniture to assist with the production of the monthly management reporting, as well as the administration of the accounting package used by the Company.
The Financial Accountant will assist in ensuring the management reports produced are accurate and meet reporting deadlines. These duties will be undertaken in alignment with relevant accounting standards, tax laws and IOF policies and procedures. The Financial Accountant will be responsible for the efficient managing of the weekly, monthly and annual accounting and reporting process.
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly management reports for the Company, to be distributed to management and the Board of Directors on a timely basis. The reports measure profitability, liquidity, operational performance, variance analysis amongst other KPIs.
- Preparation of annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS and pronouncements from the FRC.
- Manage and protect the financial information and records of the Company as relevant to their task as there is a broad responsibility to protect the integrity of all financial information of the Company.
- Attend to external auditors. Ensure financial records are balanced as part of preparation for annual external audits to ensure quick turnaround of the audit cycle.
- Constantly review and monitor the accounts of the Company to ensure the basis of accurate reporting is of high quality.
- Comply with state and federal tax filing requirements by studying regulations; adhering to requirements; advising management on required actions; calculating quarterly estimated tax payments; assembling data for monthly and annual tax filings.
- Supervise and provide technical advice to junior team members on finance and accounting matters relating to their tasks.
- First level collation of information required for the Company’s operating budgets.
- Respond to financial inquiries by gathering, analysing, summarizing, and interpreting data.
- Provide financial advice by studying operational issues; applying financial principles and practices; developing recommendations.
- Prepare special reports by studying variances; preparing budgets; developing forecasts.
- Adhoc assistance to the Company CFO as required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role or with a reputable accounting firm. Experience with a reputable accounting firm is an added advantage. Preferably a Big 4 firm.
- Must be ICAN/ACCA qualified or close to completion
- In-depth knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards is a must.
- The individual must be technologically savvy with above-average working knowledge of a computer-based accounting systems and Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to take responsibility
- Highly smart and flexible
- Extremely analytical
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills;
- Self motivated
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
Job Type Full Time
Qualification BA/BSC/HND, OND
Job Field Finance
The Account Intern shall handle the clerical duties associated with the department and provide general accounting support for the Finance/Accounts department in the following areas:
- Filing of accounting documents
- Bank deposit of cheques and cash
- Updating and maintaining accounting journals and ledgers
- Imputing data
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents for records
- Petty cash management.
- Other tasks assigned by the CFO from time to time
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools- Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
OND in Accounting/Finance
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: July 20, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.