Lafarge Africa Plc is a leading Sub-Saharan Africa building solutions Company and member of the LafargeHolcim group. The vision of Lafarge Africa Plc is to be the most trusted and preferred partner of African construction professionals and home builders by delivering cement, concrete, aggregates and other building solutions that are best in quality, environmentally sustainable and nationwide available at affordable cost. Making urbanization a success is one of the challenges of this century and at LafargeHolcim, our ambition is to contribute to Building Better Cities.
2021 Technical Skills Development Program
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Engineering
Lafarge Africa Plc, an equal opportunity employer, invites suitably qualified secondary school leavers (male and female) for admission into a three-year multi-skilled vocational training program covering the following technical disciplines:
- Maintenance Processes i.e. Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation and Automation /Welding and Fabrication Technology.
- Cement Manufacturing Processes i.e. Production / Process and Quality.
- The program is a public-private sector partnership which trains and equips successful candidates with the skills and attitudes to be self-employed / employable in the vocational areas listed above.
- It is a non-residential, 36-month technical intensive training scheme in which successful candidates will enjoy tuition-free lectures, rigorous hands-on sessions and a token allowance to offset out of pocket expenses.
- Graduates of the program, on completion, will be awarded both Lafarge Africa Plc’s internal certificate and the National Innovation Diploma (NID) certificate.
- Larfarge Africa Plc, through this and other programs, continue to create the conditions for a diverse and inclusive workforce, with particular emphasis on gender balance in operational roles and developing talent at an early career stage. Female school leavers are strongly encouraged to apply
- Completion of WASSCE, GCE, NECO or equivalent no later than January 2018.
- Minimum of 5 O’level credits to include English Language, Mathematics. Physics, Chemistry and any other subject (in a maximum of 2 sittings).
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.