Hubmart Stores Limited is a retail shopping chain of Nigerian heritage, offering multi-format stores in various locations and positioned to offer customers world-class shopping experience as well as a vast range of products. Our unique value proposition lies in our excellent customer service as well as our superior capabilities in the fresh categories.
Job Type Full Time
Job Unit Finance
- Cashier has the primary responsibility of handling customer purchasing and payments while facilitating a good interaction/relationship with the customer.
- A Cashier is entrusted with the key responsibilities of complementing the customer shopping experience by evaluating the customer’s purchases, handling the customers’ payments for goods and services-while making the process as enjoyable and least stressful as possible.
- Assist to achieve branch budgeted sales and target.
- Daily cleaning and maintenance of the checkout stations and other front end equipment to ensure that they are kept in full working order at all times and all faults (if discovered) are to reported immediately to superiors.
- Ensure checkouts equipment are kept neat and tidy at all times and spillages are cleaned up immediately.
- Ensure all checkout stations ancillary devices-such as POS; scanners; price display attachments etc. are in good/working condition:
- Maintain the stock and availability of checkout station’s consumables such as shopping bags; thermal roll; printer roll; availability of small denominations for use as change.
- Ensure products presented by customers are properly handled to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Crosschecking items presented for purchase by customer to see that they are in good condition.
- Scanning all the items presented for purchase by the customer.
- Ensure each customer’s trolley/basket is emptied before communicating the total amount to the customer.
- Process various forms of tender e.g. cash, cheques, debit card, gift vouchers presented by the customer as means of payment.
Internal Security Officer
Job Type Full Time
Job Unit Security
- Responsible for the security and safety of Customers; Staff; Building; Assets and Stock.
- Maintain safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
- Assist the management in enforcing staff discipline, rules and regulations.
Safeguarding Customers, Staff, Building, Assets, Stock:
- Secure the premise by partaking regularly in patrol / in store walks as per bit postings / roaster and monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Spot check of the back store, registers & entry point for vendor / suppliers and other points of exit / entry.
- Continuous check of staff and movement of goods / stock from back store to in store
- Help maintain store shrinkage along with the relevant departments.
- Prevent losses and damages by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
Compliance with company policies & procedures on Safety & security measures:
- Ensuring all systems, process & checks are followed by staff and suppliers.
- Fire safety norms & standards are strictly adhering to.
- Actively involved in store opening & closing process.
- Ensure that parking decorum is maintained.
- Adherence to Car park management.
- Handle the issues relating to rift, fights, indiscipline, etc.
- Control traffic by directing drivers.
- Counter measures for bomb threat.
- Resolve vehicle damage, loss; theft, stealing.
- Clearing of traffic at store entrance & exit points.
- Monitor the performance of all security gadgets – camera, fire equips, safety equips, etc.
- Assist in capturing of all vital information through gadgets.
- Assist in reviewing the recordings.
- Assist in analysing information to resolve incidences.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: January 24, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.