Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
Head of Commercial Planning
Job Type Full Time
Experience 7 Years
Job Unit Sales & Marketing
The role holder plays a key role within the company, interacts with all the departments to drive performance, lead commercial planning and deliver data driven analysis.
Deliver on business plan and take lead on the commercial strategic orientation which will bring an exceptional growth in sales value& volume, the margin and the conversion rate.
- Managing a team of Commercial Planners and Merchandizer ensuring the team is properly structured, motivated and performing.
- Delivering growth, ensuring pro-active turn around plans leveraging on the power of the marketplace, bringing direction, feedback and support to the whole commercial team.
- Ensuring all Jumia websites always have for the customer, the right products at the best price, at the right position.
- Being within Jumia leadership, an early adopter, a leading ambassador and a relentless missionary of Jumia’s strategic commercial orientation.
- Understanding all your market segments, vendors and customers, bringing valuable insights and convictions to support your data driven commercial recommendations.
- Building analysis, flying high and diving deep, to ensure smart reporting on the performance of the categories, leading to action-oriented recommendations.
- Owning the merchandising of our websites, optimizing the placement of our products to deliver on every level of Jumia’s strategy.
- Working seamlessly with all departments (Commercial, Marketing, Onsite, Operations and other stakeholders), enabling decision making, problem solving and ensuring laser focus execution.
- Leading massive and complex commercial operations and project management initiatives, coordinating effectively cross functions initiatives.
- Constantly working toward improving and simplifying our tools.
- Bachelor’s degree from any accredited university
- 7 years+ of experience in Retail/FMCG Industry
- 3 years plus experience in Tier 1 Consulting will be an added advantage.
- Experience in sales, negotiating and networking.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Chief Operating Officer
Job Type Full Time
Experience 8 Years
Job Unit Administration
The Jumia Mall Country COO will be responsible for leading the Customer Experience, Vendor Experience & customer service teams for improved efficiency in the country.
Ensuring timely execution of the centrally defined improvements/routines, participating to their refinement through the collection of detailed customer/vendor feedbacks, and leading in-country related specific projects to reach those objectives
Customer & Vendor Experience improvements are the core of Jumia’s strategic objectives.
Customer Experience: all elements impacting the satisfaction of a customer navigating or buying on Jumia online experience, delivery experience, product experience, customer service experience, and aftersales (returns / warranties) experience.
Vendor Experience: all elements impacting the satisfaction of a vendor selling on Jumia: online experience, operational experience and payment/finance experience.
The responsibilities are:
- Day to day team management: Customer experience, Vendor experience, Customer Service and IT infrastructure
- Leadership: Interacting with other central & local teams (logistics & warehousing, IT, commercial, vendor management, marketing) to explain the forecasted activities and get the required support as many of the Ops projects are transversal.
- Understanding the central improvement projects and ensuring their effective and efficient local execution.
- Gather detailed feedback from customers & vendors
- Update the central team with feedback synthesis and related necessary improvements
- Lead and implement necessary improvements at a local level.
- Developing Customer & Vendor Experience awareness across the country’s different services, through proper training and communication channels for centralised actions.
- Leading recruitment activities when necessary.
- Owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power point) tools.
- Working knowledge of Google Office Productivity Tools.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Good problem-solving skills required.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets, can prioritize tasks under pressure.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field from a recognised and accredited University.
- 8 years work experience and at least 5-6 years’ work experience at a senior operations management level.
- Deep knowledge of customer/vendor experience best practices in e-commerce or retail industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Problem solving and quick decision-making ability.
- Proven experience in target setting and ability to efficiently manage multifunctional team.
- Ability to get hands-on with the team & results oriented.
- Well organized and excellent communication skills.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.