United Bank for Africa (UBA) is Africa’s best and most resilient banking group with operations in 20 African countries and offices in three global financial centers. UBA’s has more than 65 years of providing uninterrupted banking operations dating back to 1948 when the British and French Bank Limited (“BFB”) commenced business in Nigeria. BFB was a subsidiary of Banque Nationale de CrÃ©dit (BNCI), Paris, which transformed its London branch into a separate subsidiary called the British and French Bank, with shares held by Banque Nationale de CrÃ©dit and two British investment firms, S.G. Warburg and Company and Robert Benson and Company.
A year later, BFB opened its offices in Nigeria to break the monopoly of the two existing British owned banks in Nigeria then. Following Nigeria’s independence from Britain, UBA was incorporated on 23, February 1961 to take over the business of BFB. UBA eventually listed its shares on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), in 1970 and became the first Nigerian bank to subsequently undertake an Initial Public Offering (IPO). UBA became the first sub-Saharan bank to take its banking business to North America when it opened its New York Office (USA) in 1984 to offer banking services to Africans in Diaspora.
Head - Subsidiary Governance
Job Type Full Time
Job Unit Banking
- Monitor the activities of Company Secretaries in the various Anglophone Subsidiaries.
- Maintain appropriate enterprise-wide Subsidiary governance policies.
- Promote best practices of corporate governance in the Anglophone subsidiaries.
- Take custodianship of corporate governance portfolio for the various subsidiaries.
- Provide support to Directors of subsidiaries on governance issues.
- Prepare and administer the corporate calendar for the Anglophone subsidiaries.
- Standardize board packs and reporting formats for the Anglophone subsidiaries.
- Ensure the integration of subsidiaries added through acquisitions.
- Assist with implementation of structured changes & initiatives affecting the subsidiaries.
- Promote accountability of all Board Members and Management across the Group to Shareholders through improved transparency and disclosure
- Create a center of excellence for Subsidiary Governance.
- to Market Risk/Internal Control/ Finance.
Broad knowledge of banking industry products and services
- In-depth knowledge of organizational structure and corporate governance best practices.
- Knowledge of International law
- Project management knowledge,
- Strong interpersonal relationship and human capital management skills
- Excellent communication and interviewing skill
- Attention to details
- Bi-lingual i.e. speaks fluent English plus any other African official language.
REMUNERATION & BENEFITS: Your pay is negotiable. We offer an attractive benefits package that is highly competitive.
Treasury Sales Officer
Job Type Full Time
Job Unit Banking/Sales
- Increase sales of treasury products, ensuring profitability, while creating value and achieve market dominance in line with the bank’s strategic objectives.
- Track and analyze developments in the external environment and their implications on foreign currencies and securities to facilitate sales decisions.
- Ensure compliance with approved trader’s limit and daily open position limit.
- Seal and cover trades at competitive prices for customers.
- Source for key players in the industry in order to get share of wallet of their business.
- Reconcile transactions booked to ensure accuracy of information captured on the blotter.
- Capture all transactions processed bank-wide on FX blotter.
- Broad knowledge of banking industry products and services.
- Good knowledge and understanding of foreign exchange market and operations
- Ability to interpret customer business needs, operational requirements with demonstrable ability to crunch numbers
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Projects and Power BI)
- Customer relationship management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; strong analytical skills.
- Risk awareness, passion for excellence and attention to detail
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business environment
- Social Media and Tech Savvy
Job Type Full Time
Job Unit Banking
- Monitor global currency markets for price movements.
- Monitor and analyse developments in the external environment and their implications on third currencies to facilitate trading decisions.
- Evaluate technical analysis (charts) to identify trading opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with approved trade size and daily acceptable loss limits.
- Seal and cover trades at competitive prices for African subsidiaries, local banks and internal customers (Treasury Sales).
- Reconcile trades booked with platform blotter to ensure accuracy of information captured.
- Build and Maintain Relationships
- Build trust relationship with African subsidiaries, local banks and internal customers (Treasury Sales).
- Generate Daily Settlement for back office (Treasury Ops FCY) by end of day for settlement
- Daily generation of trade blotter for submission to Market Risk/Internal Control/ Finance.
- Prepare EOM blotter and income statement for signoff by the Group Treasurer, Internal Control and Performance Management.
- Conduct market intelligence into third currencies activities and provide market commentary and views for the Treasury newsletter .
- Manage relationships in accordance with policies, procedures and legal requirements.
- Review Master Agreements with foreign and local banks for adequacy of content.
- Liaise with other market participants; and implement market development initiatives.
Generate reports for relevant stakeholdersGenerate Daily Settlement for Liquidity Management by end of day for funding
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.