British American Tobacco plc (informally BAT) is a British multinational tobacco company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is one of the world’s five largest tobacco companies. BAT has a market-leading position in over 50 countries and operations in around 180 countries. Its four largest-selling brands are Dunhill, Lucky Strike, Kent and Pall Mall, with others including Kool, Benson & Hedges and Rothmans.
BAT has a primary listing on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. As at 6 July 2012 it had a market capitalisation of £65.6 billion, the sixth-largest of any company listed on the London Stock Exchange. It has a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
Global Graduate - Operations
Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 Years
Job Field Graduate Jobs/Engineering
BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation.
- To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
Role Positioning and Objectives
- Our Global Graduate Program – Operations helps you develop outstanding Manufacturing, Corporate and commercial skills – full understanding of the fast paced and constantly evolving environment our Manufacturing functions work in.
- We operate in a controversial industry, in challenging markets and on complex projects. Our Manufacturing team has a broad view of the business, and work together to deliver business needs, while acting safely and responsively and improving efficiency and creating one truly integrated global manufacturing team.
What is Global Graduate Program & What do we offer?
It’s a 12-month, fast-track development program to a management job for high potential fresh graduates and young professionals.
The aim of the program is to raise future leaders of BAT Operations Team. You’ll build on your experience from the commercial challenge. Learn about the range of our Operations. And experience life at the sharp end in one of these business areas:
- Make (manufacturing)
- Plan (balancing supply with demand)
- Logistics (managing supply chain flow and strategy)
- Procurement (focusing on innovation, smart spending and quality partnerships)
- Service (understanding consumer needs to put them at the heart of Operations; or supporting our transformation in Global Business Services)
- Product Innovation (working with Marketing & Sale etc)
Can this be your future role?
- Are you ready for a real job with real impact from day one?
- Are you looking to the chance to progress to a managerial role in 12 months?
- Graduated with Bachelor’s in Engineering
- Minimum Second class upper
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) program completed
- No more than 3 years post graduate experience
- Leadership demonstrated through extra-curricular activities
- Globally mobile
- Fluent in English (both written & spoken)
- Nigerian National ONLY
Operations & Litigation Counsel
Job Type Full Time
Experience 10 Years
Job Field Law/Legal
Role Positioning And Objectives
- This role is part of Legal & External Affairs function.
- The role is responsible for providing legal and advisory support to all the core functions at the Factory; Manufacturing, Engineering, Finance, HR, IDT, EHS, Quality, R&R, Procurement, and Supply Chain & Logistics.
- In addition, we are looking for someone who leads and superintends over the Litigation portfolio of the Company, collaborates closely with and handles all external counsel providing legal representation and collaborates with all partners on driving the objectives of litigation avoidance and litigation mitigation measures.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Ensure the provision of OTIF (On Time in Full) legal support to drive a ‘zero litigation against the Company’ strategy
- Manage external Litigation counsel
- Update and manage the Litigation tracker
- Review Litigation Processes
- Manage and engage BAT witnesses and partners in preparation for trial
- Work towards improvement in the control environment (ABAC, SoBC, Federal and State Legislations and Company Policies) in order to mitigate litigation risks.
- Draft, negotiate and review contractual documentation for all functions within Operations and develop where applicable standard formats, to ensure that the Company’s interests are protected through legal, valid, binding and enforceable contractual Agreements.
- Provide legal advice on all matters
- Ensure contracts are renewed as and when necessary and terminated as applicable.
- Provide active support to the Operations Human Resources Dept on all pre, during and post-employment matters including industrial relations
- Review all demand notices from the Federal, State and Local Governments and agencies and provide appropriate advice and mentorship to the Company.
- Effective management of BAT’s relationships with Third Party Vendors and Government Authorities and Agencies
- Ensure Business Operating Procedures are rigorously adhered to and cost management drivers are implemented.
- Ability to identify and engage internal and external partners to build awareness of ‘a zero-litigation strategy’
A lawyer with:
- Professional legal qualifications and practical commercial, business and legal experience of not less than 10 (ten) years.
- Ability to formulate, advise on and implement legal strategy within a multinational business context
- Working knowledge of commercial law, company law and company secretarial management, finance, tax, employment law
- Dispute resolution skills
- Ability to work well as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to manage and direct external litigation counsel and BAT’s witnesses.
- Experience in collaborating with government and regulatory authorities
- Ability to apply knowledge of legal drafting to produce standard business critical agreements and adapt creatively where necessary, and proactively communicate legal concepts to business colleagues in clear, simple terms.
- Experience in dealing with a wide range
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.