Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria. The consortium has the Korean Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) which generates about 84,000MW in capacity and has a global efficiency record of a maximum down time period of slightly above three minutes annually as technical partners.
This partnership has positioned IE to effectively drive its commitment to deliver efficient and sustainable power supply through investments in new technology, infrastructure upgrade and human capital development. Ikeja Electric has over 600,000 customers who the company is committed to serve with a New Spirit, New Drive and New Energy. This resolve continues to elicit a passion for service excellence and new thinking on how to empower lives and businesses across the IE network.
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 Years
Job Field Legal/Law
- To provide efficient, professional, legal, contractual and company secretarial support to the company while identifying risks, reducing liabilities, preventing litigation, ensuring compliance with laws and reducing general legal costs
- Provide legal advice and support to the Company on relevant industry laws and regulations.
- Draft and review contractual agreements
- Negotiate low risk transactions with supervision.
- Assisting the Team with legal transactions and commercial negotiations.
- Undertake basic company secretarial function when required.
- Conduct legal and industry research from time to time.
- Knowledge and experience in Gas and Power transactions would be an added advantage.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Head Of Department
- LLB, BL Law with at least a 2nd class degree
- At least 5 years cognate experience in contract/corporate law and commercial law and has represented corporate bodies in civil and legal matters
- Experience leading in an organization with a proven track record of providing accurate and effective legal counsel, contract negotiation and drafting
- Legal Advisory
- Legal Drafting
- Contract Management
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
Call Center Agent
Job Type Full Time
Experience 1 Year
Job Field Customer Care
- Responsible for receiving audio complaints from various sources such as consumers, the CEO- IE, Consumer Protection Council (CPC), NERC, Independence Corrupt Practices (ICPC), IKEJA forum of NERC etc.
- Obtains client information by answering telephone calls; interviewing clients; verifying information.
- Respond to billing inquiries and handle customers’ high bill complaints.
- Provide information about company programs, products and services.
- Report electric emergencies and outages.
- Provide data to customers requesting new services and/or construction and channel to appropriate office.
- Seek resolution of customer complaints.
- Respond to utility commission and agency inquiries.
- Updating customers’ account.
- To take telephone calls on behalf of IE in order to fulfil customer requirements.
- To know the most up to date information on all product and services of IE and be able to help customers in a quick and friendly fashion.
- Maintains communication equipment by reporting problems.
- Maintains and improves quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines; recommending improved procedures.
- Assist in Carry out any other duties as requested by Head customer Service and Head of Department.
- This role requires a first degree in a Social Science or related course
- Requires at least 1 year relevant work experience with advanced/ extensive knowledge and mastery of relevant theories, principles and complex techniques gained through broad experience or special development.
- Possesses current knowledge of profession.
- Knowledge of the business
- Good customer service management
- Good Phone Skills
- Good Analytical skills
- Commitment to Task
- Ability to work under pressure and multi task effectively
- Good Verbal communication & interpersonal Skills
- Attention to Detail.
- Good customer Service
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.