Abbey Mortgage Bank Plc is offering through its involvement in the housing and mortgage sectors to make this dream a reality. Abbey Mortgage Bank Plc is the premier, largest and most profitable, non-aligned Primary Mortgage Bank in Nigeria. Abbey is one of the seven national Primary Mortgage Banks (PMB) licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria and Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN). The recent recapitalization exercise saw the down size from 105 mortgage banks to only 34 now surviving. We not only emerged successfully capitalized but one of the few that also met our National obligation as well as amongst the public liability companies. Abbey Mortgage Bank Plc focuses on providing economical housing units for interested home seekers/developers/cooperatives who desire a well-structured mortgage offer.
Further to this, we also keep our customers abreast with financial activities as well as provide high quality customer service. Home ownership is a priority for most Nigerians. However, the accessibility has remained a dream for a significant proportion of the population due to limited sources of suitable financing and limited access to affordable housing.
Internal Auditor (Graduate Trainee)
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Finance/Accounting
- The role of the Internal Auditor is to add value and improve our operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the improvement of the effectiveness of risk management, control, and operational processes.
- The Internal Auditor (Graduate Trainee) shall work very closely with departments to ensure everything is working as it should be; for instance, that costs are being contained and that the Bank is fully complying with the laws and regulations relevant to each area of its work.
- Efficiency is a key objective of this function but it is not only about monetary efficiency. The internal audit ensures that risk controls in place are working; firstly to prevent and detect fraudulent activities and secondly to protect the Bank’s reputation.
- The Internal Auditor shall work to recognize and report any discrepancies. While some of the work is focused on finance, any aspect of the operations of the Bank can be subject to internal audits, from IT and client services to environmental policies.
- We are looking for someone who has an objective, logical, and enquiring mind, who is tactful but assertive, and is a persistent and good negotiator.
- The ideal candidate will have a confident and professional character and must be resourceful, self-motivated, proactive, and happy to take on responsibility.
- The role requires someone who is articulate, both verbally and in writing.
- Planning individual audits, defining internal audit objectives and preparing audit plans
- Completing on-site business audits, evaluating the effectiveness of controls and writing up reports
- Contributing to the overall development of the BankТs internal audit function
- Interviewing the different teams and functions about working practices
- Preparing and executing test programs
- Preparing work papers and internal audit reports to support the findings and conclusions and making recommendations for improvement where necessary
- Following up on actions arising from audit assignments as required and preparing status reports in that regard
- Continuously reviewing compliance procedures, ensuring the Bank is adhering to rules, codes of practice, business ethics, internal guidelines and policies and procedures
- Performing ad hoc projects as required
- Identifying ways in which the Bank can deliver better value for money and improve the services used
- Challenging current working practices and finding ways to improve internal risk controls
- Proactively evaluating risks and internal controls against changing trends and market and economic conditions
- Sharing with the auditees the results of the audit and agreeing on appropriate corrective actions to remedy any non-conformances and the date by which the actions should be carried out
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, or Management from a recognized University or Tertiary Institution.
- ICAN, ACCA, or ACA will be an added advantage.
- Good project management and team working abilities
- Commitment to gaining professional qualifications and ongoing self-development
- Strong analytical, presentation and reporting skills
- Personal computer skills with knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet skills required
- Capability for a broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in internal auditing standards plus a working knowledge of disciplines related to auditable areas
Internal Audit Manager
Job Type Full Time
Experience 10 Years
Job Field Finance/Accounting
- The Internal Control and Audit Manager is responsible for conducting evaluations of the group of companies to assess risk and compliance with regulations.
- Coordinate daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual audit and reconciliation activities of the bank.
- You will be responsible for reviewing, directing audits and ongoing reviews of organization controls, operating procedures, and compliance with policies and regulations assess the adequacy and extent of programs designed to safeguard organization assets
- Work with the business to develop new and/or review existing business and operational policies/processes.
- Develop the internal control environment
- Run a compliance check program quarterly or bi-annually on all functions working with the functional heads of department
- To check and ensure total adherence to the company policy and procedures.
- Continuous review of processes in order to ensure that inherent process gaps that could lead to error and fraud are closed out immediately once noticed.
- Fixed assets verifications.
- To support and deliver in the execution of the cost and revenue assurance for all products and services relating to all the revenue streams
- Provide overall direction and leadership for the Group.
- Ensure that line managers are appropriately defining and operating their controls to cover the group from the major risks it may be exposed to
- Preparation of annual audit and control plan.
- Vetting of audit steps and programs of the Group’s Unit heads.
- Review and sign-off of periodic audit reports.
- Assist all external auditors in getting the company audited periodically.
- Monitor the implementation of the action plans.
- Provide managers and management with the relevant Internal Control methodological support.
- Ensure key internal controls are defined, implemented, documented, assessed, and monitored in front of material risks.
- Ensure internal control deliverables are consistent within and at the required level of quality.
- Deliver adequate and timely reporting on Internal Control framework and control deficiencies in line with requirements to ensure appropriate escalation and adequate action plans.
- Ensure appropriate level of communication is maintained on Internal Control matters to support the framework and ensure appropriate ownership and accountability from management and managers.
- Develop adequate training material on the internal control objectives, approach, and methodology.
- Document and ensure internal control documentation/policy is understood and agreed by management, control functions, auditors, and regulators.
- Conduct and supervise regular internal audits and reviews to assess the compliance of departments and individual employees.
- Address specific training and development needs to fill compliance gaps and ensure the organization is up to the set standard.
- Interfacing with regulators on behalf of the company.
- Minimum of 10 years of in a similar role within the financial environment / sector.
- Chartered Accountant ACA or ACCA
- Attention to detail and financial impact.
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Well versed with MS office especially with Microsoft Excel.
- Dedicated and self-motivated able to communicate to all levels and influence change, results-driven.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Must have managed a team.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: July 31, 2020
Method of Application
- Only application via the website will be acknowledged.
- Only shortlisted candidates contacted.
- Abbey Mortgage Bank Plc reserves the right to stop further action on this job vacancy notice.