Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc was incorporated in September 1960 as a private limited liability company, and commenced operations in 1962 with an installed capacity of 600 metric tons per day. The Company was converted to a public limited liability company in 1978, and its shares were subsequently listed on The Nigerian Stock Exchange. In its 54 year history, Flour Mills has remained at the forefront of wheat milling in Nigeria. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria. Flour Mills has invested over N25billion in milling infrastructure over the last seven years, to maintain its competitive advantage.
Today, Flour Mills has a rated milling capacity of over 8,000 metric tons per day, making it one of the largest single site mills in the world. The Company’s flagship mill located in Apapa, Lagos comprises of 10 integrated mills. Each mill was designed as a multilevel operation in order to optimize the use of gravity in the sifting process, thereby reducing the energy requirements. In addition, the Company maintains dedicated mills to the processing of different wheat varieties to produce different flour types. This has ensured consistent quality of its products for 50 years. The Apapa Mill also boasts of modern silos with a storage capacity to 191,000 metric tons. Flour Mills has also made significant investments in power generation.
IT Project Manager and Business Analyst
This role will be responsible for IT Business Partnership (ITBP) by enabling business functions to achieve their strategic objectives through the effective use of technology.
- Coordinate plan, schedule and monitor IT related project timelines, milestones, budget and deliverables using appropriate tools to ensure the delivery of quality outputs on time and within budget.
- Work with functional leads (Operations, Sales & Marketing, and Corporate Services) to transform and develop new requirements across the enterprise including design and implementation.
- Facilitate and coordinate the requirements development for applying technology to satisfy business needs.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into details
- Interface with vendor partners and supports IT Unit Heads in the design optimal solutions
- Provide support in monitoring data quality and integrity in platform applications and also document changes to the design and implementation of enterprise wide applications
- Support the creation and maintenance of workflows, approval processes, and validation rules based on internal stakeholder requirements
- Facilitate the creation of training materials, training end users on other related applications, monitor, report user adoption rates and respond as needed.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress and ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget also provide weekly status report to unit head.
- Coordinate the development and delivery of progress reports, documentation, and presentations to clients (pitches and deliverables), stakeholders and management.
- First degree preferably a degree in IT Management or related discipline
- Professional qualification such as PMP or PRINCE2
- 3 to 5 years of direct experience in business analysis, project management, IT Network, Security, Infrastructure and ERP systems.
- Experience using enterprise-wide requirements definition, management systems and methodologies.
- Experience with Agile delivery methods and knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing (integration, user, and performance), debugging, implementation, and support.
The Person Must:
- Possess effective communication skills
- Have excellent organizational and Interpersonal skills.
- Be a team player and empathetic leader
- Possess good negotiation skills
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.