Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is a permanent, intergovernmental Organization, created at the Baghdad Conference on September 10-14, 1960, by Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Venezuela. The five Founding Members were later joined by nine other Members: Qatar (1961); Indonesia (1962) – suspended its membership from January 2009; Libya (1962); United Arab Emirates (1967); Algeria (1969); Nigeria (1971); Ecuador (1973) – suspended its membership from December 1992-October 2007; Angola (2007) and Gabon (1975-1994). OPEC had its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, in the first five years of its existence.
This was moved to Vienna, Austria, on September 1, 1965. OPEC’s objective is to co-ordinate and unify petroleum policies among Member Countries, in order to secure fair and stable prices for petroleum producers; an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consuming nations; and a fair return on capital to those investing in the industry.
IT Development Coordinator
Job Type Full Time
Experience 8 – 10 Years
Job Field ICT/Computer
- The Data Services Department collects, retrieves and provides statistical data as support to the research and analytical studies in the other Research Division Departments and other activities of the Secretariat. It also develops up-to-date IT applications and database systems, and provides specialized relevant documents and references.
- The Department has the responsibility of a central, timely provider of reliable up-to-date data, documentation and information pertaining to oil markets in particular and energy markets and related issues in general as well as rendering IT development services.
Objective of Position:
- To supervise the IT development group and its staff, delegate and coordinate tasks and to ensure effective teamwork.
- To ensure reliability and availability of the OPEC Database, the OPEC Intranet and related applications.
- Plans, develops, organizes, coordinate, and supervises the activities of the IT Development Group
- Carries out system analysis and feasibility studies for new applications
- Determines system specification and provides outlines for system design
- Develops standard procedures for implementation of new systems and provides guidelines for system development and standard system development procedures
- Develops new applications and provides reviews on related technology
- Provides reviews and analysis on various subjects and carries out other assignments as required
- Provides user support
- Administers and provides software packages, licenses, and subscriptions of data publications
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other subject related to Information Technology
- Advanced degree preferred.
- University degree: 10 years
- Advanced degree: 8 years
- System Analysis and Design: Relational Database, System Thinking, Feasibility Studies,
- Information Architecture
- Document and Records Management Systems
- Web Content Management (CMS) Systems
- Web Technologies
- Oracle RDBMS
- Energy/Oil Statistics
- Energy Information System
- Familiarity with a variety of software packages
- Managerial & leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Team-building skills
- Initiative and integrity
Status and Benefits
- Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
- The post is at grade D reporting to the Head, Data Studies Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: August 31, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to fill in a résumé and an application form which can be received from their Country’s Governor (PDF) (See Nigeria address below) for OPEC or Click Here (Ms Word) to download Application Form. In order for applications to be considered, the application form and resume must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than the closing date stated above.
NIGERIA COUNTRY GOVERNOR
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dr. Omar Farouk Ibrahim, MCIPR,
Group General Manager, International Energy Relations (GGM IER),
Governor for OPEC,
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation – NNPC,
Block D 10th Floor, Room 04, NNPC Towers
Click Here to Download Application Form (Ms Word)
Click Here for More Information
Note: Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.