ICAP (Columbia University) is a global health leader situated at Columbia University, ICAP has worked since 2003 with one central goal: to improve the health of families and communities.
Working hand-in-hand with individuals at every level of the health system–from patients to health care providers to government officials – ICAP is dedicated to delivering high-performing health system strengthening initiatives that provide quality and affordable health care. The organization tackles the world’s most pressing health threats and, in collaboration with partners around the world, implements transformative solutions to meet the health needs of individuals.
Intern - 2 positions
Job Type Full Time
Experience 1 Year
Job Unit Administration
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
- Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
- Making travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and hotel reservations.
- Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
- Using computers to generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations, and conduct research
- Greet and assist visitors
- Handling basic bookkeeping tasks
- Filing and retrieving corporate records, documents, and reports
- Using various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software
- Provide general administrative support
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA / BSc or HND in related Business Administration or related Social Science field.
- At most 1-year practical work experience in supporting administrative systems in a similar organization
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook a must
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem-solving skills.
IT Intern / NYSC
Job Type Full Time
Job Unit Internship
- The IT Intern will be responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring that users get maximum benefits from them.
- The position holder is responsible to provide technical support for users; and to manage and administer local IT infrastructure and corporate systems under the direction of the Director of Admin and Finance.
- This is a locally employed position contingent upon availability of grant funding.
- Perform software configuration on stand-alone computers and laptops
- Provide support in diagnosing hardware and software issues and troubleshooting activities
- Support with documenting all processes in reference manuals for training and guidance
- Assist in hardware and software inventory management
- Handle periodic maintenance of hardware and software
- Troubleshoot equipment such as printers and scanners and other peripherals
- Take telephone calls from users and attempt to assist them with their information technology questions and problems
- Handle IT related documentation and make sure that all IT supplies are available
- Assist in gathering user requirements and developing appropriate reports for IT professionals
- Provide users with ongoing assistance in their information technology problems
- Provide support in setting up end-user training activities
- Ensure adherence to ICAP corporate standards, design and architecture
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Talk staff through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Support the roll-out of new applications, test and evaluate new technology
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Prioritize and manage many open cases at one time
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- University Degree or Diploma in Computer Studies
- Proven ability and experience in setting up LANs and telecommunications networks
- Experience in supporting and management of LANs
- Experience of Microsoft Server Administration
- Experience in support Windows Operating System
- Proficiency in performing hardware and software installation procedures.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: February 12, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV and Cover Letter to: ICAPNGR@gmail.com with the Job Title and Location in the subject line.
- ICAP at Columbia University is an equal opportunity employer, and only qualified candidates are shortlisted. We do not request any fees from prospective applicants.
- All applications after the above date will be disqualified.