The International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is an American multinational technology and consulting corporation, with headquarters in Armonk, New York, United States. IBM manufactures and markets computer hardware and software, and offers infrastructure, hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology. The company was founded in 1911 as the Computing Tabulating Recording Company (CTR) through a merger of three companies: the Tabulating Machine Company, the International Time Recording Company, and the Computing Scale Company. CTR adopted the name International Business Machines in 1924, using a name previously designated to CTR’s subsidiary in Canada and later South America. Securities analysts nicknamed IBM Big Blue in recognition of IBM’s common use of blue in products, packaging, and logo. In 2012, Fortune ranked IBM the No. 2 largest U.S. firm in terms of number of employees (435,000 worldwide), the No. 4 largest in terms of market capitalization, the No. 9 most profitable, and the No. 19 largest firm in terms of revenue. Globally, the company was ranked the No. 31 largest in terms of revenue by Forbes for 2011.
Channel Sales Representative (IBM Data & AI)
Position Type: Professional
Employment Type: Full-Time
Contract Type: Special Terms
- At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets.
- To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- The IBM Data & AI Channel specialist has the responsibility of building the channel ecosystem for IBM Data&AI offerings, he/she will be required to identify the right partners that can promote IBM Data&AI offerings in the East African market, help them to build sales and technical skills required allowing them to understand customers challenges and propose the right solutions.
- He/She will be responsible of building a business plan with partners, closely follow the plan execution, use IBM resources and put the right enablement plan allowing the partner to execute the agreed-upon plan.
- He/She will also act as the partner advocate within IBM and seek help and support required the partner to become successful, expectation from the candidate will be around the below points:
- Performs as the central point to pull together the elements of a complete partner successful operation.
- Identifies and establishes ongoing relationships within the partner ecosystem influencers to ensure their participation in successful, cost effective achievement of sales objectives.
- Clearly articulates IBM strategy and offerings, advises partners on the latest industry trends and technology solutions, and recommends IBM products, services and solutions that solve the business problem.
- Identifies a clear business development plan with each partner and closely follow up execution and pipeline execution.
- Reaches to IBM Middle East and Africa and World Wide team for support required to secure partner success.
- Understands competitive landscape within his territory and build the right competitive attack/winback plays leveraging the partner ecosystem.
- Experience: 8+ years of experience in IT sales/business development role, preferences for roles around Information and Data Management.
- Education: University degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Business or equivalent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Experience: 10+ years of experience in IT sales/business development role, preferences for roles around Information and Data Management.
- Education: university degree in computer science/engineering, business or equivalent.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.