First Independent Power Limited (FIPL) is a company in the business of power generation in Nigeria located in Rivers State. We own and operate 4 gas turbine power plants within Rivers State located in Trans-Amadi Port-Harcourt, Afam, Omoku and Eleme.
FIPL currently has a combined installed capacity of 541MW. FIPL has a vision of being the largest and most stable power generation company in the South-South region of the country while contributing significantly the power grid of Nigeria and thereby catalyzing the socio-economic growth of the nation. In FIPL, we have a very dynamic team of intelligent, driven and innovative young men and women who continually work to ensure that the vision of the business is progressively realized.
Job Type Full Time
Experience: 6 Years
Job Unit Finance
- o plan, execute and report on operational, financial, regulatory and compliance-related audits & reviews of FIPL.
- Plans financial, regulatory, compliance and operational reviews/audits.
- Coordinates work with Risk, Legal & Compliance and other control-related activities and with others within Internal Audit in the group.
- Conducts risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
- Coordinates audit procedures to verify that controls are in place
- Analyses and concludes on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment.
- Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Prepares timely audit reports for executive management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Assess, evaluate and promote compliance to internal Sahara policies.
- Liaises with the external auditor for year-end external audit
- Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within the group
- Provides update on new or technical subjects when required to support audits (e.g. Basel III, OSFI Guidelines, market risk, etc.)
- Conduct performance review of subordinates.
- Prepare periodic report for the attention of the CEO.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any relevant course
- Postgraduate qualification and professional certification equally required
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. CIA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA).
- Minimum of six (6) years relevant work experience in a similar role
- Excellent understanding of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and ability to fully comply with IIA standards
- Ability to manage projects and, when required, supervise auditors to follow sound internal control practices and to manage risks appropriately.
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem-solving, and timely problem escalation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook
- Proficiency in other accounting soft wares & applications
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Good investigative skills
- Quick thinker
- Confidence and Resilience
- Good interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.