Foodco Limited is a diversified consumer goods company with interests in retail, fast food restaurants, entertainment and manufacturing. From our humble beginning as a small fresh foods stall in Bodija, Ibadan, Oyo State, we have grown to become a leading brand in South-West Nigeria. For over three decades, we have built a strong reputation as an industry leader in both quality and responsible citizenship. We have broken new grounds, forged solid ties with our partners, customer and staff and continue to make impactful interventions within our host communities.
Internal Audit Officer
Job Type Full Time
Experience 0 – 3 Years
Job Field Finance
- Ensures the organisation complies with internal regulations and established control protocol
- Examines documentation, including reports, statements, records, and memos to gather information
- Reconciles documentation with actual inventory or assets to ascertain accuracy
- Completes standard paperwork and questionnaires to confirm internal controls
- Participates in meetings with individuals and departments to update auditees on findings and the audit process
- Prepares reports and preserves documentation pertaining to audits for internal record
- Presents summarised findings concerning audit results and trends for internal groups
- Analyses audit results to determine methods for increasing profits and decreasing unnecessary costs
- Makes recommendations for the best ways for a company to avoid fraud and reduce waste
- Assesses best financial practices for an organisation and makes relevant, informed suggestions
- Keeps up-to-date on audit procedures and regulations by attending conferences, workshops, and continuing education seminars
- Works with a team to achieve company goals
- Documentation and Record Keeping
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Excellent reporting skills
- Teamwork, Written and Verbal Communication
- Interpersonal Communication
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent documentation, and communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or any financial related course
- Knowledge of Legal and Financial System
- Two years of Fraud Auditing experience
- Minimum 0-3 years of internal control experience
- Any of the professional certifications such as ACA, CIA, ACCA or other acceptable certification is an advantage.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.