Total Health Trust Limited helps make healthcare work in Nigeria. We enable our customers to access affordable, reliable healthcare and we support healthcare providers in their efforts to deliver it. We manage healthcare so that our customers and our partners can thrive. THT is one of Nigeria’s pioneer Health Management Organisations (HMOs), renowned by our stakeholders for our reliability. We have been connecting our members to healthcare providers since 1998. Our unrivalled 17 year industry track record has seen us build a formidable reputation in Nigeria and we remain the HMO of choice for over 270,000 members, over 270 corporate clients and government institutions.
We have one of the largest networks of independent service providers, made up of over 500 private and 1,550 NHIS-accredited clinics and hospitals throughout Nigeria. Because we know your life may depend on this network, we continuously monitor our service providers and ensure that we pay promptly for their services. This commitment to supporting our healthcare providers professionally and financially has made us the trusted HMO for most hospitals and clinics in Nigeria. Today, THT is one of a very few HMOs in the country that has attracted the financial and technical backing of an international partner in the form of a 51% shareholding by the Liberty Group, a progressive pan African institution which offers a comprehensive range of insurance, investments and financial services.
Through Liberty, we have created a robust administrative and technology platform on which our business is built – allowing us to provide a more seamless and efficient service to our members. In addition we have expanded our product portfolio to include internationally benchmarked offerings. With over 200 staff operating out of our head office in Lagos and eleven regional offices in Kaduna, Calabar, Ibadan, Benin, Abeokuta, Enugu, Ilorin, Port Harcourt and Abuja, THT has the capacity to deliver excellent service, underpinned by a solid infrastructure, a clear vision for the future and a dynamic international team to help get us there
Internal Audit Executive
Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 – 5 Years
Job Field Finance
- Responsible for executing approved audit plans and assigned internal audit tasks and projects to ensure the organization is in compliance with all policies, procedures, and practices.
- Responsible for executing audits included in the approved internal audit plans in line with the audit scope and GIAS audit methodology.
- Responsible for the preparation of draft audit reports and communicating audit results to stakeholders in closed-out meetings.
- Responsible for Reviewing management account postings to ensure that they are accurate and free of misstatements.
- Responsible for conducting surprise cash audit and stock audits once a quarter to maintain internal control on cash impress and stock management.
- Conducts follow up reviews and resolve control issues arising from internal and external audit exercises.
- Responsible for executing Pre-payment Audit of all cheque transactions, to ascertain all supporting documents are available and the transaction is valid for payment and ensuring that all Pre-payment audited transactions are properly documented in the Internal Audit Register.
- Responsible for reviewing branch compliance to policies, processes, and statutory regulations by conducting branch audits in line with internal audit standards and methodology.
- Responsible for the collation of audit observations and documentation of audit working papers using TeamMate audit software to ensure appropriate documentation of audit procedures and working papers.
- Responsible for conducting Quality Assurance audit for all fee-for-service payments and monthly capitation payments for accuracy and internal control of claims payment and monthly capitation.
- First Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with 3-5 years experience
- Certification in Accounts (ICAN, etc) will be an added advantage
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) will be an added advantage
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in Excel
- Great analytical skills
- Eye for detail.
- Accounting principles
- Audit processes and principles
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Government regulations and laws
- Data entry skills
- Presentation skills and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suites (word, excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.